Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the FLAIREST of them all? Albions flairest FAN contest- nominations thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to admit I'm TORN on this one

All Withdean era, as the majority of pre-Withdean brain cells appear to have been destroyed through the ravages of time and alcohol. But mainly alcohol.

Can't quite decide between:

- the programme seller who once bellowed 'PRO-GRAMMES!' all the way through an otherwise immaculately-observed minute's silence

- Gully, who decided it was a good idea to solemnly join, head bowed, the players in the semi-circle for a minute's silence (presumably not the same minute's silence, else I'd have giggled meself to death on the spot)

- the seriously pissed up bloke who, while being ejected from H Block, got his false leg torn literally torn off by stewards, and was subsequently led, hopping mad and fighting fit, all the way round the athletics track, with a steward still holding the leg

- the post-match pitch invasion joined by the bloke in the invalid carriage

Head-mental daze for sure :moo:

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It has to be Ginger Bob's half-time, one-man, center spot, sit down protest at the Goldstone during the war years?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I nominate whoever the fan was that after an FA Cup defeat at Kingstonian ran on the pitch and tore his Albion shirt in half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the days before 'flair' we had legends.

The one true legend who transcended the club and all Sussex sport was the fella selling the Argus after the game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What was the name of the guy...Nigel Erskine possibly? Who at The goldstone went to take a shot/ penalty and his shorts fell down!

That was singly the greatest ever thing to happen at the Goldstone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here