Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Johnson pleads guilty

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The charges you listed aren't correct which technically could get you and the site in to a lot of bother.

He's admitted one count of activity, which could be anything related to sending a sexually suggestive text message or photo right up to the top end scale.

He has denied the other two charges against him.

Its all a very complicated and potentially dangerous topic to be discussing.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The charges you listed aren't correct which technically could get you and the site in to a lot of bother.

He's admitted one count of activity, which could be anything related to sending a sexually suggestive text message or photo right up to the top end scale.

Fair, wrong wording. Apologies mods.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

You'd find that the text message side (which would actually need to be a bit more than a sexually suggestive text) would actually be causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity. The comments on the BBC website just says sexual activity with a child which is a slightly different offence.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The 'sexual activity' he has pleaded guilty to was kissing her. He's denied two further charges.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No matter what the situation is. This story will probably be discussed on almost all football forums and given that every forum has their own nutters then the story will be streched far and wide all over the country and there will be truths and untruths banded about everywhere

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Carefully now, don't want to be shut down when WHC is reaching the finale. Or ever for that matter.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No matter what the situation is. This story will probably be discussed on almost all football forums and given that every forum has their own nutters then the story will be streched far and wide all over the country and there will be truths and untruths banded about everywhere

Ah yes. There are already thousands upon thousands of thoroughly unnecessary & vile tweets on the subject (on both sides of the debate), which will of course be followed by equally vile & unnecessary chants at forthcoming games.

Not that I expect Johnson to be playing this weekend of course. But it won't stop individuals aiming them at Sunderland fans for some reason.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In fairness, in my OP I was referring to this article on The Mirror site, which states that he had admitted the charge that I originally put:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-england-star-adam-johnson-7342392

I'm shocked that, knowing he was in court, what he did this morning, according to the Mirror..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455108861.924856.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The 'sexual activity' he has pleaded guilty to was kissing her. He's denied two further charges.

Johnson is accused of grooming the teenager between 30 December 2014 and 26 February 2015 and having met with her to carry out sexual activity knowing that she was under 16, the age of consent. Standing in the dock, Johnson answered “guilty”.

In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.

Second bit here suggests that isn't true?

First time I've seen that he 'knew' she was under age - has changed my opinion on the matter completely. I was assuming this could have been a case of not knowing her age. Poor from Johnson I'm afraid IMO.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'd imagine The Mirror may be changing their wording fairly soon as what they say differs greatly to the actual offence he's pleaded guilty to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here