Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the Albion's greatest ever cult hero...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Just for one frozen moment in time, the man who scored the most important goal in the Albion's history - bar none.

Robbie Reinelt.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Calde
Ward
Reinelt
Storer
Virgo

All for similar but different reasons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For different reasons / interpretation, in my lifetime; Crumplin, Kraay, Calderon, Ward, Zamora

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Fred Binney
Steve Gritt. (He's got no hair and we don't care, Stevie, Stevie Gritt).
Sir Dick Knight (if only because of ThE cUp FiNaL money)
Wardy
Lord Bobby of Withdean Manor

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Eric Steele - Groucho
Peter Smith - for a right back the best winger we've ever had
John Crumplin - Football genius
Gary Hart - The best bargain buy
Calderon - A book should be written about his professionalism both on and off the pitch
And a couple of goal scorers

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Will probably get flamed for this, but never quite understood the hero worship of Johnny Crumplin. He was seriously crap when he first started playing for us, a complete liability and quite simply one of the most pilloried Albion players ever. The 'football genius' thing was (obviously) ironic to start with, although he did get better and had one very good game against Liverpool. Still not really sure why this makes him a 'cult hero', though...? I still have lots of memories of how awful he was.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In my time Zamora and Hart. Kuipers didn't do to bad either

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Will probably get flamed for this, but never quite understood the hero worship of Johnny Crumplin. He was seriously crap when he first started playing for us, a complete liability and quite simply one of the most pilloried Albion players ever. The 'football genius' thing was (obviously) ironic to start with, although he did get better and had one very good game against Liverpool. Still not really sure why this makes him a 'cult hero', though...? I still have lots of memories of how awful he was.

Burn the blasphemer!!!!

Weren't you there on Boxing Day against Burnley ( I think) when he thundered a 30 yard screamer into the north stand goal?

Or has my memory completely failed me?

He was actually a hugely-improved player after a desperate start to his Albion career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here