Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wild Life Festival

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
First year they did my little hometown proud and deserved the best new festival award. A real opportunity to build on that has gone missing. Same headliners, fair few similar acts, quite a few new acts that can be seen at any/every UK festival. Uninspiring and disappointing in my opinion.

Your thoughts?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Think they should of left it this year, will be hard to beat in terms of success, think this year will be a totally different crowd unfortunately

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why do they keep getting past it hip hop acts, Busta Rhymes would have been great about 20 years ago but now?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why can't they have a festival with decent bands in the Brighton area rather than s club direction and iced snoopy or whatever the **** they're called?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Why can't they have a festival with decent bands in the Brighton area rather than s club direction and iced snoopy or whatever the **** they're called?

I agree, last year was a novelty, lots of locals going seeing what's it all about, think this year will see more people from outside of Sussex decend on Shoreham, which imo will see more problems.

Will be interesting to see what the take up of tickets from locals in the first day of sale compares to last year

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Cut and paste of last year's line up, plus a find and replace of nas/wutang for ice cube and busta rhymes

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought last year was a dry run, prove the concept and double the numbers attending. I assumed wrongly it seems that an improvement in the line up was part of that equation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
First year they did my little hometown proud and deserved the best new festival award. A real opportunity to build on that has gone missing. Same headliners, fair few similar acts, quite a few new acts that can be seen at any/every UK festival. Uninspiring and disappointing in my opinion.

Your thoughts?

Not surprised re line up. The promoters run Warehouse Project in Manchester and basically sign these acts on multi year deals and exclusivity / golden handcuffs. Check out Parklife the equivalent in Manchester but bigger, same core line up. Given most are DJs who will play latest stuff it doesn't really matter does it.

It's like saying Creamfields or similar is uninspiring as same DJs year in year out

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Great Escape ?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Great Escape ?

I think he means decent bands that he won't have to put any legwork into finding out about himself.

I do kind of agree with his principle though (if you remove the rockism from it) I'd love the see a Bestial type festival nearer Brighton, I reckon it would do well.

It is such a saturated marketplace though, you've got to be very brave to try and break into it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have to say Wildlife is not my thing at all, and as such will not be attending. That said there isn't really a large scale event here that caters for the people who do like this music and I think it's great that something like this exists. If people enjoy it long may it continue. I just hope they sort out the logistics a lot better this time I know people who spent longer waiting for a bus than they did at the festival.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Great Escape ?

I think he means decent bands that he won't have to put any legwork into finding out about himself.

I do kind of agree with his principle though (if you remove the rockism from it) I'd love the see a Bestial type festival nearer Brighton, I reckon it would do well.

It is such a saturated marketplace though, you've got to be very brave to try and break into it.

Harsh. I love great escape, but it is a festival in name only. I would like something more like Victorious festival in Portsmouth with a bit more in the way of variety.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Harsh. I love great escape, but it is a festival in name only. I would like something more like Victorious festival in Portsmouth with a bit more in the way of variety.

It was a bit. Sorry.

I actually think TGE's gone south in the last few years since MAMA got involved so I don't really know what I was getting my knickers in a twist about tbf.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Tomorrow the People is trying to become that sort of event I think.

This years was ok, but I do think it has potential if they can book a stronger line-up. Victorious proves it can be done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here