Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somerset/Dorset Seagulls

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I'm sure we must have a decent number of us down that way but is anyone down there that could offer some advice about potential/pitfalls for commuting back to London etc. as considering relocating shortly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A few NSCers down that way. nail-z gull, Yatton Seagull just off the top of my head.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I live in Dorset (just - Hampshire border). There are lots that commute from down this way.

Depends where work would be in London, where you want to be down here etc.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We're down in Somerset near Weston as much as we're in Worcestershire.
We drive to games - vary the route down but always home M25/M4M5

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
A fair few people commute from Bath (Somerset) to London each day - I see them on the platform at 6.50 most mornings, waiting for the train to Paddington (85 minutes journey time), and there is also a direct service to London from towns like Westbury (90-120 minutes).

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I live in Exeter so drive through Dorset. Would be happy to pick up on route. Normally drive up on a Thursday night however, and back straight after the game.

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
I live in Backwell, a village 7 miles south west of Bristol. Lovely place with three good local schools. London Paddington trains stop at the local station (Nailsea & Backwell), which is how I normally get to and from home games.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Cheers all, I'll send a few PM's out. Hoping to move down to a place just south of Yeovil if I can. Ideally wouldn't want to commute back daily to town but good to know that it's not unfeasible if it came to it.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Hiya...I moved from B.Hill to New Milton last year...best move I've ever done. I work at Heathrow, and travel up the M3. I moor a boat at Penton Hook (Outside Thorpe Park), and commute in from there. Then head back down to Hants/Dorset border after my shift. saving a few pennies on travelling expenses and also very pleasant in the summer.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I am in Weymouth, moved down from London to be my Mums carer. Still have a flat in Shepherds Bush so do a lot of driving up & down the M3 which is pretty good now the works are almost done. There are a lot of nice areas in this part of the world.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here