Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Final window of its kind!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think emergency loans, in fact all loans should only be for very special circumstance, like the injury of a important player inside the 25 named in the squad.

To get loanees in just to strengthen the squad, like the Darren bent situation is rediculous.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i can't say I'm 100% clear on how the system will work from next season (the term "emergency loan" was always a ridiculous one anyway), but I wonder if it's going to result in an even shorter shelf life for managers, or whether chairmen will be more inclined to stick with what they have, as they won't be able to sign up temporary players as a quick fix for a team with low morale.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always said that the emergency loan system should be as it is called used only as an emergency for injury with supporting medical evidence,and restricted to a certain length of time dependent on the injury. Usually 28 days but able to be extended for long term injuries at the FL discretion not automatic.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think emergency loans, in fact all loans should only be for very special circumstance, like the injury of a important player inside the 25 named in the squad.

To get loanees in just to strengthen the squad, like the Darren bent situation is rediculous.

What 25-name squad? :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What 25-name squad? :shrug:

Don't we have to name a squad of 25 for the season? I thought there was something like that suggested, but by your tone, I must be talking crap...care to instruct and inform?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Have to name a 25 man squad in the premier league. Theres limitations in that in respect of home grown players. Under 21 players dont need to be named in that squad

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Have to name a 25 man squad in the premier league. Theres limitations in that in respect of home grown players. Under 21 players dont need to be named in that squad

Aaaah. So what about the championships? Can we name a squad of 100 if we wanted?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We don't have to name a squad, full stop.

Excellent.....I would still suggest that emergency loans are just that though. To cover for someone seriously injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here