Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rock/metal festivals in Europe

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Venturing back to Germany this summer for 4 days of METAL. Going to Wacken, any others worth going to?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Plenty metal festivals in Europe. Metal Days in Solvenia looks a good one for location if nothing else, Brutal Assault in the Czech Republic, Hellfest is the french Wacken, Barcelona Rocks (i think that's what it called) too, Graspop, the various Metal Meetings in Holland A whole range of stuff across Europe (loads of smaller ones in Germany and Eastern Europe) and much cheaper than Download. All Metal Festivals is a good place to look.

Bloodstock is my outdoor UK metalfest of choice. Whilst I'm here I'll give a mention to MammothFest which Brighton's very own burgeoning metal fest at the end of september. You also have the likes of Doom over London, Incineration fest, Damnation festival and an evergrowing amout of all dayers and two day bills on the underground scene. It's a good time to be a metalhead

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Sweden Rock 2016 looks good but getting there and ticket price quite exp.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
About time too. The guy's a ****ing arse hole.

Having met the guy several times including staying at his house in New Orleans, being diplomatic I will say the guy was hospitable, pleasant and has shown me, my wife and daughter nothing but kindness. However getting to know him, he has some demons and defiantly has issues which hark back to the area he was brought up in (Hammer Skins area) and he needs to deal with those. I know for a fact he donates money and has done for a long time to Boxing clubs in deprived areas including Detroit, I am not defending him in any stretch of the imagination and I don't even like his music despite being guest listed at gigs and events.

I got a message from them recently saying even a gig in New Orleans was cancelled, he is going to have to go along way further than posting a few pictures of him in the "hood" doing Karaoke with some black friends.

Interesting fact: He is a massive Smiths fan....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having met the guy several times including staying at his house in New Orleans, being diplomatic I will say the guy was hospitable, pleasant and has shown me, my wife and daughter nothing but kindness. However getting to know him, he has some demons and defiantly has issues which hark back to the area he was brought up in (Hammer Skins area) and he needs to deal with those. I know for a fact he donates money and has done for a long time to Boxing clubs in deprived areas including Detroit, I am not defending him in any stretch of the imagination and I don't even like his music despite being guest listed at gigs and events.

I got a message from them recently saying even a gig in New Orleans was cancelled, he is going to have to go along way further than posting a few pictures of him in the "hood" doing Karaoke with some black friends.

Interesting fact: He is a massive Smiths fan....

Interesting to hear this. And it provides some context I guess. I don't really know if he has been acting like this for shock value, it's happened before, or he genuinely feels this way. I kind of hope it's the former. Either way he has to realise he cannot act this way and not meet resistance. And he now has a lot of bridges to re-build which will take, as you say, more than a few Facebook photos with black men. Let's hope he sorts himself out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here