Brighton

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    106.5 KB · Views: 705

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Very talented and expensive marketing teams know exactly what they are doing...

generating lots of hype, spending lots on marketing, carpet bombing media with press release etc. then measure if its a successful launch on the basis of whether x number of people (in a favorably chosen market sample) have heard of the change. its not rocket surgery. opinion not canvased, if you heard of it you know about it, the re-brand is successful. generating controversy is therefore positive.

personally, im not sure i can take it seriously, other than the fuchsia backed one, they all look like they're bodged with their off center skews. im sure someone got paid hundreds of thousands to write hundreds of words of guff to explain and justify that innovative layout. nice work if you can get it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Very talented and expensive marketing teams know exactly what they are doing... and to be fair, this is very good branding for the digital age. It's somewhat of a tragedy that it is deemed necessary for bloody football though.

Remember the fuss kicked up about the Google logo? Now people are used to it, it's difficult to imagine anything else - the same will apply here, once you begin to see it everywhere.

Whilst I agree I also don't think we can sit back and just say it's great and we'll like it eventually because some talented people performed the work.

I really enjoy seeing how trends in design unfold and am rarely critical of rebrands in the same way many are (except the EFL). But for me, they've cheapened the look of the PL with that new logo. Sometimes a good application can make up for a bland logo. But right now I don't see it as a progression. The brand was so strong before that whatever followed it had a lot to live up to. At first glance, this is way behind IMO.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Very talented and expensive marketing teams know exactly what they are doing... and to be fair, this is very good branding for the digital age. It's somewhat of a tragedy that it is deemed necessary for bloody football though.

Remember the fuss kicked up about the Google logo? Now people are used to it, it's difficult to imagine anything else - the same will apply here, once you begin to see it everywhere.

People will get used to it and move on but that doesn't mean that it's a good logo in the first place.

I can't think of anyone that liked the 2012 logo (I'm sure some will prove statement wrong fairly soon) but everyone stopped caring after a while as it wasn't going to go anywhere.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simply a horrible, bloated decadence, this game has become. What a mess.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I like the logo / re-branding to be honest. It's one of the less objectionable things the Premier League has done to football.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Can all those idiots who insist on calling it the EPL now shut up?

So, this year, if we go up, we're going from the FL to the PL. But if we'd have gone up last year we'd have gone to the BPL from the FL and next year we'd be going into the PL from the EFL.

Is that right?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like it.

If it helps to educate people who are stuck in 1991 and still call it the "Premiership", or the American style bast*rdisation of our language "EPL" then I'm all for it.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Planet of the Apes characters who have been cheaply face painted as lions.

Of all the major European top division logos, I prefer Serie A and Liga Portugal best. La Liga is minging; Eredivisie is straight out of World Cup 78.

That English one is totally uninspiring.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm not hugely against the new logo, I kind of like it.

BUT ... these sleeve patches are quite honestly the worst things i've ever seen.

DesignStudio_Premier_League_Rebrand_2016_09.jpg

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The fact that they look basically like fat cats sounds about right tbh.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm not hugely against the new logo, I kind of like it.

BUT ... these sleeve patches are quite honestly the worst things i've ever seen.

attachment.php

For the last few years I've longed for the day that I get to stick these beauties on the sleeves of a Brighton shirt. If THAT is what they'll look like from now on I don't think I'll bother. terrrrible!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
For the last few years I've longed for the day that I get to stick these beauties on the sleeves of a Brighton shirt. If THAT is what they'll look like from now on I don't think I'll bother. terrrrible!

Exactly what I was thinking.

The classic font on the back of the strip and the sleeve patches give premier league kits some real class, this makes it look like some mickey mouse european league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here