Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is why you should always back up 3 times

1066gull

I'm dying. 😭

I dunno how it was even possible?

The card was inside the adapter when I discovered it. I had to pull apart said adapter to get the other half out.

790ac53f47854c767e3c251fef943883.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have you ever had a copy of the info on anything but that card?

1066gull

Some. But I just been busy formatting an old system and I had loads of files and videos from that Windows 7 system I'm unlikely to get back.

Forensics is my only chance but it's likely to be dead.

I've had two 32gb cards from SanDisk which are full. No problems. I than replaced this 64gb with a Toshiba 128gb recently. Thid is my in y failure. I'm now worried the bigger cards maybe abit fragile.

Three years ago I piled everything on to a 8 year old lacie hard drive, which failed. That was my own fault. I can forensically save some data though but it's so expensive and the tools ain't cheap

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some. But I just been busy formatting an old system and I had loads of files and videos from that Windows 7 system I'm unlikely to get back.
You can get files back from a formatted drive.

I've had two 32gb cards from SanDisk which are full. No problems. I than replaced this 64gb with a Toshiba 128gb recently. Thid is my in y failure. I'm now worried the bigger cards maybe abit fragile.
It doesn't matter if they're fragile, back them up and all is good.

Three years ago I piled everything on to a 8 year old lacie hard drive, which failed. That was my own fault. I can forensically save some data though but it's so expensive and the tools ain't cheap
I can help if you want.

1066gull

You can get files back from a formatted drive.

It doesn't matter if they're fragile, back them up and all is good.

I can help if you want.
If you can help me with the hard drive get all the really old photos from my school days and also school work, that would be a great help.

I've already opened the enclosure attempting it myself but I got stressed out from it. I know it mayhave corrupted some files but it's all about damage limitation. There are some photography photographs I really would like to keep and store.

I had a job trying to pull the platter off, but I think I didn't have the right tools and it appeared caught when I tried to slide it off the edge.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you can help me with the hard drive get all the really old photos from my school days and also school work, that would be a great help.
I'm happy to give it a go. I'm a photographer, and have some software for such an emergency - it's not capable of recovering everything, but we can certainly try.

The number 1 point is: do not write anything at all to the drives with the data. That can overwrite what's there, which will make things worse. I'll send you a PM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here