Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddy Flintoff

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not many things make me constantly laugh out loud on tv but have just watched the Jonathan Ross repeat with Flintoff. We always knew he was a lad but he's bloody funny - anyone else catch it? You can't not like this English cricket legend :clap2:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
No, but I listened to his appearance on Desert Island Discs the other day and he was bloody funny on there too. Unlike almost anyone I've heard on there before.
Available still on DID website

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I saw it the other day. He is a genuinely engaging guy - the cheeky grin that appears on his face as he tells yet another story of his 'bad' behaviour is lovely.

It's great when your sporting heroes are not tossers, isn't it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I saw it the other day. He is a genuinely engaging guy - the cheeky grin that appears on his face as he tells yet another story of his 'bad' behaviour is lovely.

It's great when your sporting heroes are not tossers, isn't it?

Normal lad from Preston. And some of the things he said about his career like 'it was fuxking brilliant' just had me laughing. He's just one of the lads & always will be. I bet he's a good dad as well as he's so normal & not afraid to be a bit of a big kid at times. Very honest about getting pissed during a test match too :lol:

Football / some footballers could learn a lot from him in the grounded stakes..

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Normal lad from Preston. And some of the things he said about his career like 'it was fuxking brilliant' just had me laughing. He's just one of the lads & always will be. I bet he's a good dad as well as he's so normal & not afraid to be a bit of a big kid at times. Very honest about getting pissed during a test match too :lol:

Football / some footballers could learn a lot from him in the grounded stakes..

Absolutely right.

'Would you change anything?'

'No, it were f***ing brilliant!'

No airs and graces, a really good bloke.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went to his live stage show a few months ago - that was good too. He just comes across a very down to earth, funny lad. No ego. Top bloke.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Freddie & Ricky Hatton both seemed to peak around the same time and they were very similar in terms of character.

As much as I loved them both back then, one wonders what else they could have achieved with a more disciplined lifestyle.

That being said both had great careers and refreshing to see sportsman with character and personality rather than media trained cliche ridden footballer quotes.

Stumpy Tim

In quite a bit of financial bother, hence doing tours & lots of crappy TV programmes. Over-invested in property at the wrong time. I was once told, and can't really argue, that though a great cricketer he actually knows nothing about cricket

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What happened to Freddie after his Top Gear accident last year ? He’s not been seen at all, and it’s not been spoken about from what I can tell

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What happened to Freddie after his Top Gear accident last year ? He’s not been seen at all, and it’s not been spoken about from what I can tell
Not much has been reported but I did see something a few weeks ago saying he was left waiting in agony with severe facial injuries for 45 mins before an air ambulance arrived following the accident.

He’s still concentrating on his recovery and isn’t expected to return on work/tv screens until next year. Sounds as though he’s been left pretty traumatised by the whole thing. Hope he recovers soon as he always comes across as a good bloke on TV and the show he did where he setup a team for troubled teens who might not think cricket was a game for them was an excellent watch.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
In quite a bit of financial bother, hence doing tours & lots of crappy TV programmes. Over-invested in property at the wrong time. I was once told, and can't really argue, that though a great cricketer he actually knows nothing about cricket
Having seen his captaincy first hand down under, I would agree he knows nothing about cricket! But top guy and loved his series in Preston. Could have done with his bowling in this series.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Having seen his captaincy first hand down under, I would agree he knows nothing about cricket! But top guy and loved his series in Preston. Could have done with his bowling in this series.
Not sure they'll be too many agreeing with you on his cricketing knowledge.

I reckon he would have loved Bazball and fitted in really well with it ...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Not sure they'll be too many agreeing with you on his cricketing knowledge.

I reckon he would have loved Bazball and fitted in really well with it ...
His on field captaincy was genuinely some of the worst I’ve ever seen. I really like the guy, but at that he was hopeless. I suspect he would agree. Already 3-0 down in the series, the game in Melbourne sticks in my mind, where we had the Aussies 5 down for not many and Symonds was allowed to knock singles around for nearly 40 before accelerating to a 100. It’s possibly the most ‘given away’ hundred I’ve seen, it was baffling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here