Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeless man brought to court after asking for 10p

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
yes that is about right. I feel like 2015 was perhaps a bit of an anomaly and we'll continue to see a rise in 2016. Brighton & Hove certainly has an above average homeless population which places a huge burden on services that most other towns & cities simply don't experience. Fortunately, homeless services in the city are superb and are just about coping

I also have first hand experience with charities in the city that are doing an amazing job. There is lots people can do if they are just prepared to give a bit of time.

The lack of funding from national Government in this area seems a false economy to me. People living on the streets are completely unproductive. We need to see more things like this.

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2015/11/02/43283/43283

It's not ideal, it's not a permanent situation but it's relatively cheap and it's something.

Lush

Mods' Pet
yes that is about right. I feel like 2015 was perhaps a bit of an anomaly and we'll continue to see a rise in 2016. Brighton & Hove certainly has an above average homeless population which places a huge burden on services that most other towns & cities simply don't experience. Fortunately, homeless services in the city are superb and are just about coping

Yes they are, but the problem with having good services is that it can attract vulnerable people with chaotic lives from other parts of the UK. Brighton is known as a place where services for rough sleepers are better, and people are generally nice to you and pretty generous. This is why a national solution is needed.

People who've been in the care system most of their lives can acquire a kind of 'learned helplessness' and giving 'homeless' people money doesn't really help them get off drink/drugs or move on with their lives. Of course this is easier said than done if you have complex mental health and other issues.

The best way to help is to support Brighton Housing Trust or St Mungos Broadway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here