Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Animosity towards Derby?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've not followed much outside of the Albion this season, but there's been plenty of digs towards Derby all over NSC for a few months now.

What's it all about?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think we've got anything against them, other than the fact that they're promotion rivals. Of course they had Steve McUseless, and that was a valid reason for disliking them at the time.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Booing off an injured player and racially abusing another, allegedly?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think there was also something of a condescending attitude towards us from a number of Derby fans round about the time we were still on that unbeaten run ("It's just a fluke", "You haven't played anyone good yet" and so on).

Clearly we were nowhere near their own lofty standards, fortunate to be up there, and would soon learn our lesson and be put firmly back in our place at the iPro).

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Oh really? Was that March?

Think there was also something of a condescending attitude towards us from a number of Derby fans round about the time we were still on that unbeaten run ("It's just a fluke", "You haven't played anyone good yet" and so on).

Clearly we were nowhere near their own lofty standards, fortunate to be up there, and would soon learn our lesson and be put firmly back in our place at the iPro).

Ah fair enough. I saw a bit of that from Reading fans but didn't realise Derby fans were getting their digs in as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on, the racist abuse towards Goldson was a lone idiot.

Could happen at any club, including, I'm sorry to say, ours. I won't tar all Derby fans with the actions of that runt.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Could happen at any club, including, I'm sorry to say, ours. I won't tar all Derby fans with the actions of that runt.

Sure, but there was a lot more than one booing March when he was carried off on a stretcher.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
For me it's an irrational dislike. The season they beat us twice in the playoffs(and twice in the league):annoyed::glare:....they were very good and it probably was jealousy.....but their attitude, as if it was a foregone conclusion they'd go up, just riled me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sure, but there was a lot more than one booing March when he was carried off on a stretcher.

Not forgetting booing Calde when he was having treatment by the side line. Their fans assumed we were time wasting instead of having genuine injuries. March was booed when he first went down, but he tried to play on. To then boo him whilst being stretchered off, was appalling.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
As a Twitter user, the Derby fans were fine til we went unbeaten. All of a sudden when we were going through our dodgy patch a number of their fans online acted like twunts.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A kids football coach teaching the boys and girls in his team homophobic chants in frankie and bennies before the play off game did it for me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The ' Brighton haven't played anyone decent yet ' goonery from Derby, Reading, and Massive fans this season was VERY arrogant, and tedious.

Unbeaten, top of the league on merit, but no credit from that lot.

Expected from Reading and Massive, but I always thought Derby were better than that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not forgetting booing Calde when he was having treatment by the side line. Their fans assumed we were time wasting instead of having genuine injuries. March was booed when he first went down, but he tried to play on. To then boo him whilst being stretchered off, was appalling.

This - classless. Calde was bleeding (had to go and change his shirt I think) and we all know how bad Solly was.......

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
No long lasting animosity from me.

Their sense of entitlement to promotion that accompanied the appointment of the most highly regarded young manager in the world (fact) coupled with the spunking of millions didn't help. Being present at the ipro and hearing March getting booed off on a stretcher and likewise Calde for a blood injury sums up the attitude this year.

There was a certain integrity about them in that play off year and they were a very good team. Whereas, this year, despite their position in the league they are not as good as they think they are.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
McLaren commenting that we beat them by a couple of 'nothing' goals at home when we were struggling and they were flying last season. P1ssed me right off.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Think that sums up the ill-will pretty much.

el punal

Pride (park) comes before a fall.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It's #TheDerbyWay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here