Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man with a van - Spain to UK

I'm moving back to UK (mainly because of the ever increasing number of grandchildren) and I need to arrange to move my furniture.

There's not a great deal so a man with a decent sized van would probably be enough, rather than a massive furniture removal lorry.

I've found a few on the internet who sound Ok and come across reasonaly efficient but when I check out reviews there are some pretty damming ones.

Now I don't take that much notice of review sites because most companies cock things up now and again and most reviews are bad because people tend not to post good reviews and bad reviewers often have their own agenda anyway.

So I thought I would ask the most honest site on the web, NSC :)

Does anybody know of or have used a man with a van who does removals between Spain and UK? Either based in UK or in Spain, I don't mind which.

Thanks in advance

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I will do it for fifty quid and some paella...

You're struggling here. Why not go via Valencia, pick up Gary Neville and split the petrol three ways?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
You're struggling here. Why not go via Valencia, pick up Gary Neville and split the petrol three ways?

Pick up some sangria for OG, he bloody loves the stuff. Stop at Calais load up on booze, fags and immigrants... Could probably clear ten grand profit and get some paella in the process...

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Pm Chez
He'll probably do it

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I moved back about 20 years ago and had a house full to bring back. Found a very nice lorry driver who does the UK to Spain trip delivering beer barrels and went back empty, a trip he done every month. Luckily I knew him and so trusted him. We left together (me in my car) and I got back 24 hours ahead of him. Hired a van in Portsmouth and met him as he came off the ferry. Cost me a night out in Spain but worth it. Other thing would be to look around and see if a removal company are around, anything returning empty to UK.
Other option is to buy an old banger that will last the two day trip and dump it here in the UK.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Try Bishops Move they do Spain and Gib a lot and have Luton size vans and they are Friends of the Albion

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I seem to recall a company called Union Jack removals were pretty good, don't know why I remember the name, think a friend of my dads used them when moving from Spain.

Thank you for the many suggestions on this thread, some of them even relevant :)

But just to recap, I want to go down the man with a van route partly because of the size of the load but mainly because that way I can be sure of delivery date for the furniture; I'm taking on an unfurnished flat and I don't want to be standing in the empty flat on the day I take over only to find the furniture is going to arrive two or three days later.

Finding someone isn't a problem, there are lots on Google https://www.google.es/search?q=man+...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=4vi4Vva_AouqaaS6hZgB some of whom do international trips but quite a few of these have bad reviews on sites like http://www.removalreviews.co.uk/

So what I was really looking for is was there anyone out there who has used a MWIV that they can recommend who does international trips?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank you for the many suggestions on this thread, some of them even relevant :)

But just to recap, I want to go down the man with a van route partly because of the size of the load but mainly because that way I can be sure of delivery date for the furniture; I'm taking on an unfurnished flat and I don't want to be standing in the empty flat on the day I take over only to find the furniture is going to arrive two or three days later.

Finding someone isn't a problem, there are lots on Google https://www.google.es/search?q=man+...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=4vi4Vva_AouqaaS6hZgB some of whom do international trips but quite a few of these have bad reviews on sites like http://www.removalreviews.co.uk/

So what I was really looking for is was there anyone out there who has used a MWIV that they can recommend who does international trips?

If you or with a mate can drive the van why not get a cheap easy jet flight to UK and hire a van then drive out and collect the stuff yourself. Or hire a van in Spain and then try for a return load when you take the van back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here