• No

Votes: 39 30.0%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Found this on a Leicester forum:

This is a genuine question. I appreciate that this is going to be my decision but this is starting to eat me up a little and would love some opinions.

In October I put £5 on Leicester to win the league at 1000/1. It was a bit of fun, speculative, I don't know what it was. Now, many of you will know me from this forum and will know that I am a genuine fan and my primary concern is the writing of history by Leicester. I want them to win the league for that alone, but this bet is another thing. I get married in June, and we do not have a lot of money. Things are tight. I could pay-off my credit card. I could buy my family and friends a drink at the wedding. The cash-out option is currently at £1300. That, to me, is an awful lot of money. And it is mine at the click of a button. I know it was a speculative and 'fun' bet that I never really expected to win, but that money is real. Before the game at the weekend it was £500 - that is also a lot of money but this is starting to get real and it is starting to feel irresponsible not to take it. I really want to let it ride but....

Thoughts?

So if you were this fella, would you cash out or stay involved?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's a tough one. There's still time for Leicester to screw things up so I'd be tempted to cash out.

44-12022014012959.jpg

Attachments

• 44-12022014012959.jpg
    44-12022014012959.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,680

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd cash out as I'd be just as happy with £1300 and Leicester winning the title, could always stick a couple of hundred back on them to win also

Yep, I'd be tempted with the partial cash out option really - he should cash out enough to pay off his debts and just keep the rest on the bet. He might win another thousand or so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tough call, as the cash-out really doesn't seem very generous (but then, why would it -bookies aren't mugs).

I think I'd take the risk of waiting until after the Arsenal game this weekend. Win THAT, and his cash out will near double, I guess.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If I were him then I would cash out.

He is effectively making huge bets on each of their remaining games that he obviously doesn't want to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You are asking Brighton fans? Come on if it was us you'd KNOW that we'd screw it up :lolol:

I'd certainly cash I out!!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yep, I'd be tempted with the partial cash out option really - he should cash out enough to pay off his debts and just keep the rest on the bet. He might win another thousand or so.

Cash out about 3.50 of the original stake, should be about a grand, and keep 1.50 in there, if they win the league still pick up another £1500, if not the wedding etc.. is paid for.

If Leicester get beat by Arsenal at the weekend, and spurs continue their form by beating City, the cash out value will fall a fair bit I would guess.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tough call, as the cash-out really doesn't seem very generous (but then, why would it -bookies aren't mugs).

I think I'd take the risk of waiting until after the Arsenal game this weekend. Win THAT, and his cash out will near double, I guess.

Yes and any other result and it will reduce by way more than half!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

If they get even a draw, then you would expect them to win the next 4/5 games. As they are against struggling teams(including us). How much would it drop roughly if they lost to Arsenal?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes and any other result and it will reduce by way more than half!

If they get even a draw, then you would expect them to win the next 4/5 games. As they are against struggling teams(including us). How much would it drop roughly if they lost to Arsenal?

The guy said it was £500 before the Man City game, so I guess it would drop to about £750?

To be honest my post written above was written with someone else's money. If it were actually mine I'd probably bottle it, and cash out right now.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The guy said it was £500 before the Man City game, so I guess it would drop to about £750?

To be honest my post written above was written with someone else's money. If it were actually mine I'd probably bottle it, and cash out right now.

I think I would wait for the Arsenal game and maybe bottle it after that if they lost. Then again its easy until your in that position.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'd be going for Option C: Not Yet

Next 5 games; Arsenal, Norwich, W Brom, Watford & Newcastle.
10-12 points wouldn't be too much an ask for Leicester at the moment.

Keep going until then, when the cash-out option raises to £2,250.

Take out £2k and put the remaining £250 to win the title.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would stay in at least for a few more weeks. They have an easy(ish) run coming up that could see them take near to full points.

I also have a rule whereby I will never cash out for less than half the winnings.

That said, these are my views now, I know the guys pain as I was in a shed load of debt until the end of last year and I know just how much that money could help. The question to ask himself - If he took £1,300 how much would he fully pay toward his debt? With most gamblers I think there will be a case of wanting to enjoy some of the winnings. If he thinks he could say spend £300 and then pay off some debt with £1,000 then I would take it. The upset of cutting a debt in half (or quarter) when it could have been fully paid will be a lot easier to take than getting nothing or settling for £50 if they go on a bad run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here