• No. Seems quite logical really

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Yep. Crazy fool. Call the men in White coats

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Do you fear whenever the opposition have the ball you think that they are going to score? Or do you think when we get into a good scoring position thats going over. He won't score.

For me this has been a real problem as it makes me sound like the most pessimistic person out there.

Now i know it sounds like i'm belittling the team but i'm not. I want want most want here and that's for us to get to the promised land.

I've felt like this for the past couple seasons now and to be honest i'm not sure what the cause of it was.

What i am trying to say is do you ever feel the same about what i have described?

Anyways. over to you

Disscuss

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you fear whenever the opposition have the ball you think that they are going to score? Or do you think when we get into a good scoring position thats going over. He won't score.

For me this has been a real problem as it makes me sound like the most pessimistic person out there.

Now i know it sounds like i'm belittling the team but i'm not. I want want most want here and that's for us to get to the promised land.

I've felt like this for the past couple seasons now and to be honest i'm not sure what the cause of it was.

Anyways. over to you

Disscuss

Where's the option for 'Dont Understand The Question' ? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I'm watching at the game I feel much more confident than if I watch on TV, where I do expect us to concede everytime the opposition attack. Weird. If I listen on Seagull Player I haven't got a clue what's going on anyway :smile:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
CONFIDENCE
have some

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am with you.

I spent the entire game thinking they are going to score in a minute, we look like we are going to concede etc.

Then as soon as the game is over I am thinking, they could have played all night night and not scored, and Stockdale had nothing to do !

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I can understand your pessimism as a hang over from last season when we were mostly easy meat for the opposition and often architects of our own downfall.

However we're on a different level this season. A superb unbeaten run for starters. Not quite perfect though - we often struggled to protect a lead and allowed teams back into games we should have shut down. Just need to concentrate for the whole 90 mins and hope that Dunk doesn't have any 'lapses'. I'll feel more assured when Bong and Rosenior are fit.

Hopefully the clean sheet in the 3-0 win on Friday night has got that monkey off our backs, for a while.... Mustn't be complacent against Bolton. Then a real test at Hull where they do not concede many goals. Keep the faith!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Saturday was the first time I haven't felt like that as Brentford really didn't look like doing so (except Stockdale's save).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
2-1 up and I see Ince is about to subbed on for Hemed and my heart sinks and I fear the remainder of the game will be squeaky bum time.

But against Brentford I never feared for a moment that they'd score. I think that's the most convincing we've looked all season

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Now we have Knockaert plus KLL returning alongside our other attacking options I feel more confident that we will outscore the opposition by more than the odd goal.

Let the opposition (and their fans) worry about us.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I always have and assume I always will.

Literally no matter where the opposition have the ball I start to panic that we are about to concede

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
You feel like that because for years we've a) played at a low tempo in attack and slowly built up from the back (under Poyet and Oscar), and b) defended rather deep (yet quite effectively). This is why we have mostly been winning by small margins but also not getting turned over very often for a few years now.

This season has been the first time in a while we have pressed the oppo further up the pitch and been a bit aggressive in attack.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

What i am trying to say is do you ever feel the same about what i have described?

Anyways. over to you

Disscuss
No, I don't ever fear that.

However, sometimes it seems to me that every single random bounce of the ball seems to go against us. Whenever any element of the ball bouncing for us would help, it just doesn't, yet for the opposition it magically bounces perfectly.

It may be a similar thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here