Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Broken into

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Some nice person has broken into my car and nicked the Sat Nav and ipod,

any one see any offers on ebay or amazon for new items let me know please.

Sat Nav must have live traffic ( not via phone as I think if the updates are via the phone then bluetooth cant be used for Phone to car?)

Ipod must be classic with at least 80gb hard drive..

Rather pissed off..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unlikely to go on eBay. I presume you have branches of Cash Converters and their like around Swindon way.

Try looking in there: it's a far more likely destination.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Unlikely to go on eBay. I presume you have branches of Cash Converters and their like around Swindon way.

I think he wants to buy them again

Tesco and halfords always seem to have good deals on sat navs.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

I need to buy new items .

The cops here have been good and and even SOCO turned up....Must have been bored? ( on a side not the SOCO ladies hubby is a BHA fan she said )
They said the local cop will check cash converters with the serial numbers I have given them,
or would it be worth checking myself?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Some nice person has broken into my car and nicked the Sat Nav and ipod,

any one see any offers on ebay or amazon for new items let me know please.

Sat Nav must have live traffic ( not via phone as I think if the updates are via the phone then bluetooth cant be used for Phone to car?)

Ipod must be classic with at least 80gb hard drive..

Rather pissed off..

I know its after the horse has bolted, but you could still register your goods?
I use this site.

www.immobilise.com

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I need to buy new items .

The cops here have been good and and even SOCO turned up....Must have been bored? ( on a side not the SOCO ladies hubby is a BHA fan she said )
They said the local cop will check cash converters with the serial numbers I have given them,
or would it be worth checking myself?

Not bored, they do go to car breaks on most occasions (unless there is zero prospect of forensic evidence). Don't believe everything you read in the papers!

No harm in you keeping an eye out yourself, and it's good that you do have the serial numbers. But I'm sure they'll get their local neighbourhood team to check the usual suspects (afraid to say that some branches of Cash Converters etc aren't always as diligent as they might be in ascertaining the provenance of items being brought into their shops).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gatwick police last night arrested someone for drink driving and no insurance thanks to my girlfriend. Thought i would say. One idiot off the road.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Gatwick police last night arrested someone for drink driving and no insurance thanks to my girlfriend. Thought i would say. One idiot off the road.

Nobody likes a grass.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nobody likes a grass.

Not certain whether you're being flippant or not on this occasion.

Genuine question, if you saw somebody getting into their car, absolutely shitfaced, would you really not think you should do something about it?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not certain whether you're being flippant or not on this occasion.

Genuine question, if you saw somebody getting into their car, absolutely shitfaced, would you really not think you should do something about it?
Yes I was, yes I do.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You are out of step with this suggestion in respect of drink driving, far too many people are killed or injured by drunks for this to apply. If posted in humour then clearly in bad taste

Yes it was meant to be taken humorously , and I'm not particularly bothered about taste on a site that tolerates Madeleine McCann 'jokes'

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes it was meant to be taken humorously , and I'm not particularly bothered about taste on a site that tolerates Madeleine McCann 'jokes'

You should be, the mentality of its ok because others have done it before doesn't really stack up but if you're happy and not bothered all must be well in the world

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You should be, the mentality of its ok because others have done it before doesn't really stack up but if you're happy and not bothered all must be well in the world

Oh ffs spare me the morality lesson you preachy bore.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we had ours broken into a while ago,but there was nothing worth nicking, and on a different vein some nice person rammed the back of the car in ASDA carpark, 4x4 apparently and in a hurry as he/she missed another car (moving) by inches.
some people get into a car (and sometimes not theirs) and think its ok and think they are on the bumper cars at the end of the pier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here