Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take in a non league game if the ko was 11am prior to Albion games?

Would early non league ko change your footie habits?

• Would take in the odd non league game.

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Would take in a few non league games.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Would be a regular non league watcher.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I watch non league and would watch more games at the amex.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 50 79.4%

• Total voters

With the Sussex combination (Sussex county) leagues consisting of 78 teams three divisions and two reserve leagues playing at 3pm saturdays should they ko at 11.30am. I know plenty that are involved would love to watch Albion games as well. There must be at least 1500 players,managers and officials involved including supporters must take that figure to around 3000! If only 5% included the Albion games it would bring in another 75k per season,20%would bring in an extra £300,000!
The potential benefit to the Sussex non league scene would be smaller but even more vital if another 10 fans turned up it would put another £1000in the kitty per club!
The non league scene would benefit by having more players/coaches available as well as fans. Also the coach travel could even use the county grounds as pick up points for home games. Seems like a win win situation and a way of Sussex football to support different levels,i understand it would not be so easy for ryeman sides but include them and the figures shoot up! So would you take in a few non league games prior to Albion games?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the vast ma,jority of cases people who watch non league teams do not watch or have any great interest other than a passing one in league football and vice versa. There will obviously be exceptions and a few will watch both.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, and is A 11.30KO early enough to watch the Albion on the afternoon. The scheduled finish would be 1.15 but would more realistically be 1.20 and I currently get on the bus at 1.22 and I am not at the start of the route.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally, no I wouldn't - but that's not to say the idea does not have merit. For some clubs, not too far from Brighton, it might be a pretty good plan to try.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes. Not every week, but I'd take in the odd game, I think.

Haven't quite worked out how you're going to use this thread to bash the Albion yet though, Rev. Sure it is coming.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes. Not every week, but I'd take in the odd game, I think.

Haven't quite worked out how you're going to use this thread to bash the Albion yet though, Rev. Sure it is coming.

Me, I'd plan to go to the non-league game, then leave about ten minutes before the end because I'm bored of the poor quality football and non-existent atmosphere.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No

The wife would kill me If I had an additional match to attend on a Saturday. two sets of tickets food and drink

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With the Sussex combination (Sussex county) leagues consisting of 78 teams three divisions and two reserve leagues playing at 3pm saturdays should they ko at 11.30am.

Albion will probably only play 11 or possibly 10 Saturday matches at 3pm this season over 9 months so its probably a non starter.
Lewes FC have experimented with their KO to accomodate Albion fans in the past with mixed success.

PS: Would you go the Albion if Non League games kicked off earlier ?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
No, not everyone who watches Non League would want to do an Albion game. Personally i like to get to say the said Town or Village and visit a Pub or 2 then tick off the Ground,watch the game then do a few Pubs on the way home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here