Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 3 Assistance

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have been using an old iPhone 3 for a few years just for music and tried to sync it an hour or so a go and the battery was totally flat. Not sure why and it has been charging on mains for over an hour and still not charging.

I assume it cannot be re-set unless switched on so is that it, it has given up for good.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Try plugging into a PC with itunes and leaving it a while and see what happens. If Itunes doesn't eventually find it and figure it out, likely to be dead

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Try plugging into a PC with itunes and leaving it a while and see what happens. If Itunes doesn't eventually find it and figure it out, likely to be dead

Good call, it has mysteriously now come back to life and charging

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully it will live for a bit longer, but they don't last forever.

Some batteries are really very poor. I think these ones are genuine:
https://www.appleipodparts.com/

I am going to leave it on but on sleep and see how long the battery lasts, it does tend to run down quite quickly so might have to invest in a replacement

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am going to leave it on but on sleep and see how long the battery lasts, it does tend to run down quite quickly so might have to invest in a replacement
Try using a battery app. They can help closing other apps so you're not wasting power etc, and they track how it's doing, and tell you how long to charge for etc. That could help get a little more out of it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have been using an old iPhone 3 for a few years just for music and tried to sync it an hour or so a go and the battery was totally flat. Not sure why and it has been charging on mains for over an hour and still not charging.

I assume it cannot be re-set unless switched on so is that it, it has given up for good.

Have you tried a tooth pick making sure any compacted dust is cleared out the charging socket? I've had dust and stuff get so compacted that it stops the dock making a connection, but is a real bugger to clear out fully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here