Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iñigo Calderón Appreciation Evening

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We are delighted to announce the

Calderon poster.jpg

We (Matt Potter and Al) have organised another appreciation evening. Come and join us at the Ginger Pig, Hove Street, Hove on Sunday 17th April at 7pm for a celebratory evening to say thanks to the Basque Country's finest ambassador and all-round love god.

Calde himself is very much looking forward to the evening.

The cost is £35.00 a head (sorry, no reduction for kids), for which there will be a three-course Basque-inspired meal, and two drinks. Any further drinks must be paid for on the night.

Spaces will be limited, and as we anticipate this to be a popular event, we will book this on a first-come, first-served basis. If you would like to book, or need to know more information, email me - alan.wares@ntlworld.com - and I will send the booking information.

The evening is kindly sponsored by Flowers Unlimited. http://www.flowersunlimitedbrighton.co.uk/

THIS IS NO WAY INDICATIVE OF ANYONE KNOWING WHETHER CALDE IS STAYING OR LEAVING AT THE END OF THE SEASON.
This is merely an opportunity to thanks to him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And may I be the first to say

SAME DAY AS THE BRIGHTON MARATHON. ARRRGH!

(It's a lovely idea fellers and would normally be right up my street but I plan to be in bed, several beers and protein snacks to the bad by about 7.30).

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

(It's a lovely idea fellers and would normally be right up my street but I plan to be in bed, several beers and protein snacks to the bad by about 7.30).

A sub 4 hour marathon before meeting the great man. Could be a day to remember.

I was drinking until midnight on my first one, I'm sure you could too.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
For those of you who have emailed me, I will send the details out later this week. So don't panic if you don't receive anything in the next ten seconds.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

Marathon and the Darts at The Amex, bit of a shame.

Nice idea though and should be a good night - hope Greer gets similar when he calls it a day, after all he's played more matches than Calde.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The darts is 3pm until 'early evening'. Not sure there will be too many minutes overlap, will there ? ???

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Why clash it with an event the club has marketed heavily?

Why not choose another date so people can do both?
The over-riding consideration is when Calde can do it.

The fact that the darts is at the Amex is by the by. If it was at the Brighton Centre, the issue would be pretty much the same. There's always something going on in the city - no weekend is perfect.

Anyway, it was the club who suggested this date.

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Presumably the players aren't going to be expected at the darts evening then? Otherwise you could end up holding an appreciation night for a man who cannot turn up. Which would actually be an hilarious cock up
D'oh! If only we'd asked Calde about it first.

Why would the players be expected at the darts? It's not as though it's an Albion event.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The over-riding consideration is when Calde can do it.

The fact that the darts is at the Amex is by the by. If it was at the Brighton Centre, the issue would be pretty much the same. There's always something going on in the city - no weekend is perfect.

Anyway, it was the club who suggested this date.

If it was at the centre, no issue.

However going head to head with an event at Falmer that the Albion are pushing seems silly / arrogant.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
D'oh! If only we'd asked Calde about it first.

Why would the players be expected at the darts? It's not as though it's an Albion event.

No you are right. I guess they decided to call it the Brighton and Hove Albion Darts Masters to highlight that it isn't an Albion event

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If it was at the centre, no issue.

However going head to head with an event at Falmer that the Albion are pushing seems silly / arrogant.

Yet as stated the club suggested this date. Im su re they knew they were pushing.the.darts on the.same.date

Must.be the club being arrogant then

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here