Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Medical Marijuana

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Watched a film called The Cultural High last night and thought it was very interesting. Blatantly showing one side of the legalisation debate but interesting none the less.

The part I was most interesting were the medical uses for Marijuana, i wondered if anyone had any experiences of this?

I remember a friends mum had Motor Neurone disease and found it was the only thing that gave her real relief.

More specifically i am interested in its use in Autism/Adhd and anxiety relief?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Absolutely contra-indicated for anxiety/paranoia/adhd/ebd's/depression etc because it heightens the condition(s) in my very practical experience from working with adults with autistic spectrum and associated disorders. In particular skunk and its variants, which is the most readily available form these days, is positively lethal and will massively exacerbate these conditions.

My elderly Aunty used it extensively to help her deal with the pain of chronic arthritis however, and in that respect it was pretty effective. She did suffer from dementia and my suspicion was that it accelerated the disease which ultimately killed her but in her circumstance that wasn't the major issue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely contra-indicated for anxiety/paranoia/adhd/ebd's/depression etc because it heightens the condition(s) in my very practical experience from working with adults with autistic spectrum and associated disorders. In particular skunk and its variants, which is the most readily available form these days, is positively lethal and will massively exacerbate these conditions.

Agree 100%

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

My elderly Aunty used it extensively to help her deal with the pain of chronic arthritis however, and in that respect it was pretty effective. She did suffer from dementia and my suspicion was that it accelerated the disease which ultimately killed her but in her circumstance that wasn't the major issue.

Thanks for the info. The film talked about a range of different strains with different levels of THC. I am unsure how the use of it in medicine works and if they take out or limit the adverse effects so enjoyed by recreational users.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Thanks for the info. The film talked about a range of different strains with different levels of THC. I am unsure how the use of it in medicine works and if they take out or limit the adverse effects so enjoyed by recreational users.

Most recreational use these days is high THC - especially toxic. Few users know or care whether there are other lower THC alternatives and couldn't get them as easily anyway. I know people with quite severe mental health issues caused by regular (daily) use and they wouldn't know where to look for good old fashioned weed but could name 20 sources of skunk,
Those who promote the use of marijuana have, in my view, a not unreasonable theoretical viewpoint. Unfortunately the real world long since invalidated most of their arguments.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think ecstasy would be more beneficial for someone with autism or anxiety issues in very small doses than marijuana. Those two drugs can be similar - The THC makes everything feel closed and difficult for memory where as serotonin makes everything feel real and positive.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Most recreational use these days is high THC - especially toxic. Few users know or care whether there are other lower THC alternatives and couldn't get them as easily anyway. I know people with quite severe mental health issues caused by regular (daily) use and they wouldn't know where to look for good old fashioned weed but could name 20 sources of skunk,
Those who promote the use of marijuana have, in my view, a not unreasonable theoretical viewpoint. Unfortunately the real world long since invalidated most of their arguments.

I agree and the ridiculous skunk that flooded the market years ago was instrumental in my giving the stuff up.

My research is so far quite limited but from what i can see Medical use marijuana is a very different thing from high THC skunk used for recreation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
https://www.medicalcannabisclinic.com.au/autism/

Interesting examples here of use with autistic children

Pharmaceutical grade cannabis-derived medication is very definitely NOT cannabis as you or I experience it or can access it and therein, in my view, lies one of the issues - the gap between selective quoting of perfect controlled conditions and the day to day practicality of the real world. Read one but experience the other..........

Edit: you beat me to it :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here