Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Generic Anadin Extra

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Leading on from the lemon curd threads, for years I have bought generic supermarket Anadin Extra at a quarter of the price (50p) of Anadin's rip off £2 price. For some doubtless sinister reason involving big business, i.e. Anadin, all the major supermarkets - spAsda, Sainsburys and TescoS have stopped selling their generic equivalent of this wonderful, stomach lining stripping pain killer, usually titled Extra Power Pain Reliever. Am I the only one left with a serious headache over this?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's just aspirin, paracetamol and caffeine. So have generic aspirin, generic paracetamol and, if you feel the need, a cup of coffee.

Unless it's just because you're reliant on the caffeine maybe? Ive found if I have a lot of coffee one day and not the next I get a headache.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Edit. Just looked it up and each tablet has twice as much caffeine as a can of coke, so four times as much in a dose!

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It's just aspirin, paracetamol and caffeine. So have generic aspirin, generic paracetamol and, if you feel the need, a cup of coffee.

Unless it's just because you're reliant on the caffeine maybe? Ive found if I have a lot of coffee one day and not the next I get a headache.

Although technically generics could be less effective as they only have to be in the range of 80-120% of originals...

Saying that, I always by the cheap stuff!! Probiotics excepted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here