Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1983 FA Cup Final BBC Build Up Video

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Prompted by the fashion thread, I had a poke around and saw that the whole of the BBC build up for the Cup Final doesn't seem to be on YouTube. So now it is. Thanks to [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] for the original video.

3 hours worth for the purist/insomniac. I'll do the game full coverage later as that doesn't seem to be on there either.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Back to front as the game is still processing but here is Extra Time

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Finally - the end of the build up and the game itself.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Those were the days when the nation stopped for the FA Cup final. Shame it's not like that any more.
Question of Sport. Requested video clips from other sports. Michael Fish in a Brighton Rosette. Jumpers for goalposts isn't it?
0.jpg

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Those were the days when the nation stopped for the FA Cup final. Shame it's not like that any more.

The roads were very quiet just after Wigan won the FA Cup in 2012. Having it at teatime now does help but I know what you mean.

Great memories of cheering on Wimbledon to beat Liverpool in 1988.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Manhy thanks for this. I have a DVD but it has the name of the red scum all over the cover :annoyed:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I was 18 for the cup final in 83, and I'm 51 now. Where did it go?

The way I look at it is this: If I carry on drinking Guinness:drink: for purely medicinal purposes :wink: I should have another thirty years (fingers crossed):)

I can see myself being thrown out of East Upper at the age of 90:ban:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Prompted by the fashion thread, I had a poke around and saw that the whole of the BBC build up for the Cup Final doesn't seem to be on YouTube. So now it is. Thanks to [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] for the original video.

3 hours worth for the purist/insomniac. I'll do the game full coverage later as that doesn't seem to be on there either.

Magnificent. Thanks

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Great stuff, those were the days when footy on TV was a novelty. I see there was no Anfield bootleg vid in the build up

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Any hints of brown paper bags and where the cup final money went?

Total earnings from the two games and from tv was rumoured to be around £700k after deductions.
I think part of the problem is that some fans think we made a fortune out it. We didn't.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting Robinson hinted the board were keener on the cup final than staying in the top flight, how things have changed in the attitude towards the FA Cup.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Total earnings from the two games and from tv was rumoured to be around £700k after deductions.
I think part of the problem is that some fans think we made a fortune out it. We didn't.

£1,651,507 in today's money, not a bad return by any stretch of the imagination.

PS: My original post was tongue in cheek.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here