Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I made a profit from the caterers

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
After a whole season of moaning about being overcharged at the same till every game I finally came good. I get overcharged on a particular till by 20p because it doesn't do the burger & pint deal price. I moan but accept it. Friday night, yet again they ran out of Harveys by 7:15. Now that alone should mean we get rid of the management who order the beer but I struck lucky.
I had a Pie & a Pint because the week before I won a 'free pie' ticket.
Ordered pie & pint and gave over the ticket. Had to call supervisor who deducted pie from amount and I had to pay £3.40 for Harveys?????
Then no Harveys so had to call supervisor to refund my cash, Harveys is £4.20 so that's what I got back.
80p profit. Doesn't make up for the many 20p's I've given them but made me feel good.

PS I'm the kind of guy that WOULD say if they gave me too much change. I expect the cashier has to cough up any shortages.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
After a whole season of moaning about being overcharged at the same till every game I finally came good. I get overcharged on a particular till by 20p because it doesn't do the burger & pint deal price. I moan but accept it. Friday night, yet again they ran out of Harveys by 7:15. Now that alone should mean we get rid of the management who order the beer but I struck lucky.
I had a Pie & a Pint because the week before I won a 'free pie' ticket.
Ordered pie & pint and gave over the ticket. Had to call supervisor who deducted pie from amount and I had to pay £3.40 for Harveys?????
Then no Harveys so had to call supervisor to refund my cash, Harveys is £4.20 so that's what I got back.
80p profit. Doesn't make up for the many 20p's I've given them but made me feel good.

PS I'm the kind of guy that WOULD say if they gave me too much change. I expect the cashier has to cough up any shortages.
If I kept being overcharged on one till, I'd start using a different till. :shrug:

I think they lost out on my transaction in the North Stand concourse on Friday.

I ordered a cheese and onion pasty and was given a package that was collected from the section of the heated cabinet that was clearly labelled "C+O Pasty". I took it to my seat and opened it, only to discover that it wasn't any sort of pasty, but was a pie. The edible label said "ricotta and mushroom".

Apart from not being the product I had ordered, the pie crust was severely burned. I therefore decided to take it back.

On returning to the kiosk, I was told that I had "ordered the vegetarian option" and that is what I had been given. I said "No. I ordered a cheese and onion pasty" I was then told that I should know that the vegetarian option changed every game and I shouldn't complain. "Even though there is a label saying C+O Pasty clearly on display?"

After expressing my dissatisfaction at the way the catering service was being run and requesting that this message be passed on to the management, I asked for my money back. I also suggested that the fact that the pie I was returning was half burned, it shouldn't be sold to another customer. So it ended up in the bin.

Hopeless service in many ways.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think they lost out on my transaction in the North Stand concourse on Friday.

I ordered a cheese and onion pasty and was given a package that was collected from the section of the heated cabinet that was clearly labelled "C+O Pasty". I took it to my seat and opened it, only to discover that it wasn't any sort of pasty, but was a pie. The edible label said "ricotta and mushroom".

Apart from not being the product I had ordered, the pie crust was severely burned. I therefore decided to take it back.

On returning to the kiosk, I was told that I had "ordered the vegetarian option" and that is what I had been given. I said "No. I ordered a cheese and onion pasty" I was then told that I should know that the vegetarian option changed every game and I shouldn't complain. "Even though there is a label saying C+O Pasty clearly on display?"

After expressing my dissatisfaction at the way the catering service was being run and requesting that this message be passed on to the management, I asked for my money back. I also suggested that the fact that the pie I was returning was half burned, it shouldn't be sold to another customer. So it ended up in the bin.

Hopeless service in many ways.

I prefer the pie to the rather dense pasty. I only discovered they were back when I asked for a pasty and was told "Dimpt chiddy unnan pazzy tadeh, iz cotta hen mushum pay"*
I smiled and nodded and duly handed over the cash. the pie was smashing.

*my hearing issues may have distorted it slightly

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1454850037789.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was wondering how long it would take, following the great win on Friday night, to have a "catering is crap" thread. Not too long then.

The standard of the catering is so so much more important than the standard of the football in many peoples eyes it would seem.

Sad, so very sad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here