Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ch.5 Championship programme...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just in time to see the goals from last night again.

Virgs is very knowledgeable. More signings in the loan window. He must have an inkling something will happen to say that?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just in time to see the goals from last night again.

Virgs is very knowledgeable. More signings in the loan window. He must have an inkling something will happen to say that?

Hope so cover for Bong. and keep Rosenior when fit to compete with Bruno or use as defensive cover away from home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank god they've put a sofa in. The sight of them all standing around awkwardly before, shuffling from foot to foot and not knowing what to do with their hands, was cringeworthy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank god they've put a sofa in. The sight of them all standing around awkwardly before, shuffling from foot to foot and not knowing what to do with their hands, was cringeworthy.

Like when you'e been summoned to come along to the headmaster's office, with your parents, when you're 14 and have been caught smoking in the lavvy :facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like when you'e been summoned to come along to the headmaster's office, with your parents, when you're 14 and have been caught smoking in the lavvy :facepalm:

Let's be honest, given that their guests are generally current or former footballers, a species hardly renowned for their eloquence or intelligence, they had to do all they can to reduce the awkwardness.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's be honest, given that their guests are generally current or former footballers, a species hardly renowned for their eloquence or intelligence, they had to do all they can to reduce the awkwardness.

Quite. To be fair, I would have struggled in the old format. Where exactly do you put your hands? 'Pocket billiards' doesn't look any better than 'in solemn condolence' on a football programme . . . . viva the revolution....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Liked it when they called Knockaert 'The Little Magician'. Proper old skool football nickname with a touch of the continental about it. Could stick. TLM anyone?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Well it couldn't have got any worse than the cringe worthy tin pot original format! Truly awful!
But think it's not really that bad now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, the negative comments that exploded on them from all directions were heard by the programme makers - indeed, Kelly Cates made an acknowledgements of the programme's negative feedback a few episodes. They've now changed it - just slowly, so it didn't look too much like they were acknowledging that they had bollocked it up so badly in the first place.

Now they just need to decide on a proper colour for the programme's logo in the opening titles - every bl**dy colour they can think of all jumbled together just doesn't cut it!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

100% this. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the backroom staff didn't have to tie Clinton Morrison's shoe laces for him before he came out.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
At least the glorious BHA crest got prime position on the back screen for much of this week's show.

When they come back 'after the break' for the 'Goal Rush' show for Leagues One and Two they should have them sitting on a much cheaper sofa, maybe just have one single presenter and only one guest and have a non-interactive backdrop, just a couple of cheap beige partitions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...all of a sudden looks like MOTD...

...Who'da thunk it???

Not suyre I'd say it's quite as professional as MOTD, but certainly I much prefer this new format, without the pointless pseudo 'fans' in the background, whom I'm still convinced are probably out of work actors anyway.

Good to see Adam Vigo back too. No doubt l'm biased, but I do think his comments are quite insightful, and balanced. Even though an ex Albion player, he doesn't seem to particularly favour us, and remains neutral, which I think is a good thing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hope so cover for Bong. and keep Rosenior when fit to compete with Bruno or use as defensive cover away from home.

I really don't think the perceived lack of cover for the soon to be returning Bong at left back is a priority anymore.

As Adam Virgo himself intimated, it's a strike that we need to source during the loan window, someone to score us the goals to help fire us to promotion.

The left back 'problem' is far less of a priority for me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liked it when they called Knockaert 'The Little Magician'. Proper old skool football nickname with a touch of the continental about it. Could stick. TLM anyone?

Watching on Seagulls Player yesterday, it was the Sky commentators that christened him that. Very apt, I thought.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Watching on Seagulls Player yesterday, it was the Sky commentators that christened him that. Very apt, I thought.

Yes his first few performances for us certainly seem to have been noticed by a wider audience already. I'm sure some rival clubs are beginning to wish that they had made a move for him.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Yes, the negative comments that exploded on them from all directions were heard by the programme makers - indeed, Kelly Cates made an acknowledgements of the programme's negative feedback a few episodes. They've now changed it - just slowly, so it didn't look too much like they were acknowledging that they had bollocked it up so badly in the first place.

Now they just need to decide on a proper colour for the programme's logo in the opening titles - every bl**dy colour they can think of all jumbled together just doesn't cut it!
Personally that intro music drives me mad - change also.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really don't think the perceived lack of cover for the soon to be returning Bong at left back is a priority anymore.

As Adam Virgo himself intimated, it's a strike that we need to source during the loan window, someone to score us the goals to help fire us to promotion.

The left back 'problem' is far less of a priority for me.
You've got to wonder how a left back could improve on the 5 goals conceded in the 7 league games since Boxing Day.

TBH with Knockaert, Murphy, Kaz, and the potential of Jiri plus the stability of Rosenior.
I'm not convinced Hemed, BZ, Wilson and Baldock plus the option of rotating in a 'spare' winger makes a striker is as badly needed, as we once thought.

I wouldn't want to over egg the pudding and upset the apple cart. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here