Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince impressive debut

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Sounds like he did alright, given it was his first appearance for several months.

Regarding his half-time withdrawal, Jokanovic is a very proactive manager when it comes to changing things around tactically, so nothing unusual there. (though obviously it's in our interests that it's not a recurring theme)

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Sounds like he did alright, given it was his first appearance for several months.

Regarding his half-time withdrawal, Jokanovic is a very proactive manager when it comes to changing things around tactically, so nothing unusual there.
Yes sounds positive, and hope he gets some games under his belt, and starts to believe. Maybe!!!??? Could become a midfield general there with confidence??

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have never heard of a player having an impressive debut being substituted at half time, whether the manager is pro-active or not. Bizarre behaviour, and hardly likely to give a player confidence.

If I were Ince, I would be disappointed and confused.

I have never heard of a player having an impressive debut being substituted at half time, whether the manager is pro-active or not. Bizarre behaviour, and hardly likely to give a player confidence.

If I were Ince, I would be disappointed and confused.

Didn't do FDM any harm

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Didn't do FDM any harm

That was also weird, but Adams didn't come out and say he had played well. He was quite critical, if I remember correctly, as you'd expect a manager to be when subbing a player at half time on his debut.

Seriously, how can you get an 8/10 but not be kept on beyond 45 minutes?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep hope it continues. Imo silly to loan out, thought could have played some part in the push for promotion (and for me better than crofts) - although good for ince to hopefully get game time hey.
Crofts is better going forward and presumably the club were planning on getting someone like Sidwell in, so Ince wasn't going to get many chances, and since Ince is still young and a decent prospect it's better for us if he gets game time elsewhere than gets frustrated watching us play. We also save a bit of money while he plays elsewhere, which probably comes in useful.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Crofts is better going forward and presumably the club were planning on getting someone like Sidwell in, so Ince wasn't going to get many chances, and since Ince is still young and a decent prospect it's better for us if he gets game time elsewhere than gets frustrated watching us play. We also save a bit of money while he plays elsewhere, which probably comes in useful.
Cannot disagree

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He was quite impressive for us at first too. I was going to say he was in the last chance saloon as far as his Albion career is concerned, but actually I think it would be more accurate to say he's at a crossroads. He might get himself in the shop window and generate a decent move somewhere, or he may return to us a more developed player and have a role to play at the Amex. Or this may just be the start of a drift down the divisions.
Hope it works out well for the lad.

(Fairly encouraging feedback from the links in this thread).

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Another thing, if he can help them to take points of other teams for us then it an only benefit us, he almost certainly wouldn't have played a part here with Sidwell coming in, and already he's helped fulham to take 2 points off one of our promotion rivals... (I know he may not have been the sole reason for the draw, but still), it can only end positively IMO

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yep hope it continues. Imo silly to loan out, thought could have played some part in the push for promotion (and for me better than crofts) - although good for ince to hopefully get game time hey.

he has looked pretty average when given his chances this season.......needs game time and ch obviously not keen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here