Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 Is The Number

el punal

How our fortunes have changed. Three games ago before we played Blackburn we were 11 points adrift of Middlesbrough, that day we won and they lost. Had the reverse happened we would then have been behind by 14 points.

Fast forward to today. We are just 3 points off top spot, with rivals Hull, Boro and Derby dropping points. Following our convincing 3-0 win last night we are right back in the mix, not just for a play-off spot but also in contention for a top two place.

This roller coaster of a season just gets better and better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How our fortunes have changed. Three games ago before we played Blackburn we were 11 points adrift of Middlesbrough, that day we won and they lost. Had the reverse happened we would then have been behind by 14 points.

Fast forward to today. We are just 3 points off top spot, with rivals Hull, Boro and Derby dropping points. Following our convincing 3-0 win last night we are right back in the mix, not just for a play-off spot but also in contention for a top two place.

The only negative is that Sheff Wed who are 6th in the last play off spot are only 3 points behind us but I do not think they will catch us but with Hooper scoring for fun anything is possible. But we didnt want him as he is lazy!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
We badly need one of our left backs fit. Those injuries along with Lua Luahave hurt us . It could all come down to the last game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last night, on TV, was a pretty big statement by the squad.

One that our rivals couldn't answer today.

I was listening to 5-live this afternoon.
The reporters started each introduction with 'nothing much happening here', 'it's pretty lifeless at ...', 'A bit boring' etc.

Bolton needs to be a banker, then Hull must be given a game.
No point being good in February and shitehouse in March.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

AND We have a number of players coming back! All proven Championship performers! A defensive back 4 in Rosenior, Greer, Uwe & Bong. The return of the club captain. A returning striker who plays well with Hemed in Baldock and possibly, the loan of Mystery Striker X. The icing on the cake would be Skalak being somewhere near Knockers in ability and form plus a return to fitness and form for the lovable Lua Lua.

Roll on Bolton I say!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Like Rotherham was? I hope none of the team think about Hull, no games are bankers.
Exactly.

They need to learn from Rotherham, because Bolton needs to be a banker.
Everyone bar Hull have 'Boltonesque' fixtures coming up.
Days slotting into place like today don't happen too often, there's no room for slip ups now, and that has to be taken into the difficult games, too.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
We badly need one of our left backs fit. Those injuries along with Lua Luahave hurt us . It could all come down to the last game.

If by some miracle Bong were to be fit before Ridgewell's loan ends then that for me would be the test of CH's keep the shirt policy atm.

The return of the club captain.

Who on the performance of Dunk and in the last two games Goldson should get NOWHERE near the starting XI.

Like Rotherham was? I hope none of the team think about Hull, no games are bankers.

Rotherham always smelt funny and definitely no bankers as you say. I perversely like the idea of Bolton coming to us off the back of a win as they think they might have half a chance and play like that a la Huddersfield which will play right into our hands. The only potential issue for me is that despite Bobby's less than effective half last night it would be nice to have him as an option because we need three strikers of roughly the same pedigree to ensure that one of them is firing.

I really like the fact that Knockaert's arrival has spurred Murphy on to up his game as we didn't need KLL at all last night and he too will be hurting that he didn't get any game time. This coupled with the hopeful naming of Skalak amoungst the subs next week we really do have offensive options in depth that would worry most teams all of a sudden. Bring it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The only negative is that Sheff Wed who are 6th in the last play off spot are only 3 points behind us but I do not think they will catch us but with Hooper scoring for fun anything is possible. But we didnt want him as he is lazy!

Hope I don't regret saying this BG, but I think Sheff Wednesday are the least of our worries. Lets just concentrate on the teams above us, and trying to reign in Hull, Middlesbro, and Burnley.

That game up at Hull on Tuesday week could prove truly massive. It's the oldest cliche in the book, but let's take it one game at a time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hope I don't regret saying this BG, but I think Sheff Wednesday are the least of our worries. Lets just concentrate on the teams above us, and trying to reign in Hull, Middlesbro, and Burnley.

That game up at Hull on Tuesday week could prove truly massive. It's the oldest cliche in the book, but let's take it one game at a time.
I always feel confident when it is 4 points difference so 1 result wont really affect it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here