Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Record

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Am I right in thinking 2.5m is the highest we have ever paid for a player? Knockeart, Buckley and CMS all holding that title? Makes the rumoured 8m player in the Jan transfer window sound insane.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Such a shame it was a total waste of money but these things happen

Well he was a key player with the 2nd highest goal tally in our first season back in the Championship 11/12.
Absolutely pivotal in 12/13, our highest finish in years.
And finally hindered by either injury or ridiculous tactical positioning throughout his time at BHA.

Wouldn't say a total waste of money, but could have done better with a bit more luck and better tactics from the Manager up front.

Only my opinion, I know a lot of one dimensional thinkers who thought we was shite.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How ever much I liked the guy........in no way shape or form worth that money, struggling to even score for a league 2 side now.

My daughters boyfriend is a Luton season ticket holder, and he says since Nathan Jones has gone there, CMS has upped his game and is looking a far better player now he is part of a front two.
He says that Nathan Jones is the best manager they have had there in years, and is looking forward to him building his own team for next season and beyond.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How ever much I liked the guy........in no way shape or form worth that money, struggling to even score for a league 2 side now.

His Achilles injury basically ruined him. He wasn't a bad player before that. Hindered by a system that he should never have been playing in.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick

I've noticed that, how a career can collapse in Football. When his contract finished last summer it must have come as a bit of a shock to him & his Agent that nobody really wanted him other than League 2 Luton. It's amazing that one 39 goal season at Peterborough probably made him financially secure for life.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here