Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tumble dryer safety recall HOTPOINT, INDESIT, CREDA

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
If anyone owns one of these appliances, or knows someone who does, please check your model and serial number at safety.hotpoint.eu
They have identified a potential fire risk and there are approximately 5 million affected appliances in circulation.
If you're unsure of anything, drop me a message and I'll help if I can

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If anyone owns one of these appliances, or knows someone who does, please check your model and serial number at safety.hotpoint.eu
They have identified a potential fire risk and there are approximately 5 million affected appliances in circulation.

When i saw this problem i typed in my mums model and serial number and it was on the list. Filled in the online form and there is up to an 8 week wait before an engineer comes out.....still waiting.

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
When i saw this problem i typed in my mums model and serial number and it was on the list. Filled in the online form and there is up to an 8 week wait before an engineer comes out.....still waiting.
Yeah, don't hold your breath mate. As I said, there's around 5 million to get through!
It's not a 5 minute fix either, it needs a new backplate and a drum modification

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brought two Hotpoint cookers recently. Have to say the ovens are shit

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not mine, but it is over 20 years old so if was going to catch fire it probably would have done so by now.

D

Deleted member 2719

My Mum and dad have just had a new part fitted to theirs as it was one of these machines. It was stacked on top of the washing machine so the fitter took it off fitted the part but would not put it back as they are not allowed too!
I understand the lifting issue but why he took it off i don't know, my dad is 80 and mum 77 there is no way they can lift it.

They can not move it as it is stuck in a restricted area and they can not use it as the plug won't reach it.

Clueless fitter by taking it down or is there a reason he had too?:rant:

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
My Mum and dad have just had a new part fitted to theirs as it was one of these machines. It was stacked on top of the washing machine so the fitter took it off fitted the part but would not put it back as they are not allowed too!
I understand the lifting issue but why he took it off i don't know, my dad is 80 and mum 77 there is no way they can lift it.

They can not move it as it is stuck in a restricted area and they can not use it as the plug won't reach it.

Clueless fitter by taking it down or is there a reason he had too?:rant:
He would've had to lift it off to do the work.
Can't see why he didn't put it back though?
Our engineers would have asked for another engineer to assist. I used to do it myself but appreciate not everyone is physically able.
No excuse for leaving it for the customer to lift, just bad practice

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I put the model in and it says it was affected, then the serial number and it said it wasn't, so hopefully ok?!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Our engineers would have asked for another engineer to assist. I used to do it myself but appreciate not everyone is physically able.

Indeed. Especially as the driers arent particularly heavy. I'm a right soft pansy of an office worker and I can pick one up.

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought as much lazy fooker.

looks like i will have to drive a 2 hour round trip to sort it .

D

Deleted member 2719

Indeed. Especially as the driers arent particularly heavy. I'm a right soft pansy of an office worker and I can pick one up.

One handed???

20 bench presses???

I heard you were double ard.:hilton:

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Mine too - seems the current production is nowhere as good as before (as I have been told many times by engineers)
True of most manufacturers in the white goods industry.
I've been in the game nearly 30 years, apart from some 'stand out' brands like Miele etc, the build quality has steadily declined since the late 90's

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
"The model number you have entered shows your appliance is not one of the affected models"

OH THANK GOD !!! LORD BE PRAISED.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here