Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just don't get it I'm afraid....

Looked shattered last night, was sure Wilson was going to replace him after 25 minutes (as he went through quite an intensive warm up)

The bloke is 35 not 55, apparently rarely trains during the week and goes from running 90 yards to score a couple of weeks ago to struggling to sustain a run for 20 yards last night.

It's as if we have a striker in Wilson and Zamora combined at the moment.

I'll sit back and take the abuse but I'm just not sure what's wrong with Bobby in terms of his fitness ?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just don't get it I'm afraid....

Looked shattered last night, was sure Wilson was going to replace him after 25 minutes (as he went through quite an intensive warm up)

The bloke is 35 not 55, apparently rarely trains during the week and goes from running 90 yards to score a couple of weeks ago to struggling to sustain a run for 20 yards last night.

It's as if we have a striker in Wilson and Zamora combined at the moment.

I'll sit back and take the abuse but I'm just not sure what's wrong with Bobby in terms of his fitness ?

I have to agree Bobby Z was way off the pace last night.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
It looked like Bobby picked up an injury last night.
Signalled to be bench after 25 mins to say he was struggling. Wilson then sent out to do some warm up sprints.
Looked to be a hip or groin area.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He explained it himself in an interview the other week. Unable to train quite often, frustrated at his body letting him down. I'm sure someone can find it.

My only problem with him starting is that it is burning a sub straight away. Even when fully fit by his standard, he needs changing around 30 minutes. Fine if you have no injuries but limits tactical subs later on when there is an injury. Fairly sure Kaz would have come on late on if Kayal hadn't got injured. Although Murphy did the honours, the slow, high line Brentford defence was crying out for Kaz to run at them for the last 15 minutes and we may well of killed them off sooner if we hadn't been down to two subs and used one for shoring up and one for an injury.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, Bobby was well off the pace last night, but I'm not surprised, and think that's going to happen from time to time. The guy is 35 now, and in footballing terms, his legs are very tired, He has played a lot of minutes lately, and as Chris Hughton himself says, his game time needs to be closely managed in order to get the most out of him.

I think there was also a bit of an injury worry too, that's why he didn't start the second half.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My mrs says I'm always a bit of an injury worry at 54 without running up and down, sometimes with pace, a football pitch.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
His body is not up to it anymore, he does not train and is retiring at the end of the season. Any goals, lay offs and holding the ball up is great, the club know how and when to use him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BZ's goals are priceless to us. You can't teach that instinctive positional play and eye for goal. He's always going to play a cameo role from here on in. But WHAT a cameo role! Wouldn't be at all surprised if he fired in the goal that took us finally into the Premier League.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Even a few of Bobby's most fervent fans around us noticed his touch and hold-up play was a little awry last evening. Hopefully simply down to a short term injury/illness.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Not sure it was injury related as he was breathing quite heavily earlier on in the game last night.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The commentator on the stream mentioned that he was struggling and looked like he may be coming off early (around the half hour mark I think). Sure I heard something about a calf injury.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
He took a knock early on - I saw him grimace. Probably from Barbet who was shoving him, grabbing him and using any other cheating method. A fit Zamora would have finished that chance that he had when the defender just got back in time.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
My only problem with him starting is that it is burning a sub straight away. Even when fully fit by his standard, he needs changing around 30 minutes. Fine if you have no injuries but limits tactical subs later on when there is an injury. Fairly sure Kaz would have come on late on if Kayal hadn't got injured. Although Murphy did the honours, the slow, high line Brentford defence was crying out for Kaz to run at them for the last 15 minutes and we may well of killed them off sooner if we hadn't been down to two subs and used one for shoring up and one for an injury.

Nail on head for me.

Would rather have him as an option on the bench and can come on if need be. His early substitution early in the game limited our options from the bench yesterday. If it was an injury issue rather than a fitness one then that's a different story, but it looked like fatigue last night, which isn't great after 25 mins !

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He had a bad game Jesus Christ. You do realise all players have bad games, they are humans not robots.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 days rest and then 4 games in 11 days.

Cotton wool wrapping for BZ.

Hopefully we'll bring in someone like Mr Murray to share the load after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here