Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Edgar Mitchell, September 17, 1930 – February 4, 2016. (went to the moon).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.” Edgar Mitchell

There are now only 7 people alive who walked on the moon and most of the the people on the planet were born after Eugene Cernan announced. : "Bob, this is Gene, and I'm on the surface; and, as I take man's last step from the surface, back home for some time to come – but we believe not too long into the future – I'd like to just (say) what I believe history will record. That America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at Taurus–Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here