Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton & Hove Indeoendant

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
News items are a bit rubs but loads on BHA most issues. Far better than the Argus's so called coverage.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I usually ignore free papers, There's a reason they are free. However, I've picked up a couple of editions of this one now and I like the coverage. I thought others may like a heads up as the Argus coverage is a bit shoddy. Nothing more sinister than that folks. Cheers!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To be fair - Timmy is an outstanding journo. I think a Pulitzer awaits this latest effort

Albion lead Brentford by two goals to nil after goals fron Anthony Knockeart and Tomer Hemed.

Knockeart had been sensational again and has shown why the Albion paid in excess of £2.5m for his services .Scoring his first god the club to put Albion in the lead

The French winger put in a point cross for Hemed to double Albion’s lead after 43 minutes

Brentford’d best chance saw David Stockdale brilliantly push away Alan Judges fierce shot

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Actually - that is unfair as it was on the fly. For balance, a post with time to proof read is fairer.

Albion beat Brentford with a solid and workmanlike performance. Anthony Knockaert scoring the first and creating the second

Knockaert opener came half way through the first half the winger firing his first ever Albion goal from around 15 yards out

The second came after great work form Knockhert, who delivered a superb cross which Tomer Hemed headed hove .

Brentford best chance saw Alan Judge fire a shot , which. David Stockdale brilliant palmed away from danger.

Albion strker Hemed arrowed a header goalwards

Albion’s third goal came from a break away from Murphy who placed the ball past Button as Albion ran out clear winners

Heading Hove has to hurt, surely. Will Hemed be fit for the next game after that? Still, at least we have Knockhert and Knockeart waiting in the wings should Knockaert get injured.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That went well. It seems some people on this forum would rather spend their time slagging people off than helping each other. It's an odd place for sure.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Thumbs up from me for the B&H Independent.

The coverage of the Albion is top notch and they were particularly strong last year reporting on the lead up to the elections.

Well worth a 10 minute read once a week.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Actually - that is unfair as it was on the fly. For balance, a post with time to proof read is fairer.

Albion beat Brentford with a solid and workmanlike performance. Anthony Knockaert scoring the first and creating the second

Knockaert opener came half way through the first half the winger firing his first ever Albion goal from around 15 yards out

The second came after great work form Knockhert, who delivered a superb cross which Tomer Hemed headed hove .

Brentford best chance saw Alan Judge fire a shot , which. David Stockdale brilliant palmed away from danger.

Albion strker Hemed arrowed a header goalwards

Albion’s third goal came from a break away from Murphy who placed the ball past Button as Albion ran out clear winners

Heading Hove has to hurt, surely. Will Hemed be fit for the next game after that? Still, at least we have Knockhert and Knockeart waiting in the wings should Knockaert get injured.

Thought it was Kayal who crossed for Hemeds goal ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thumbs up from me for the B&H Independent.

The coverage of the Albion is top notch and they were particularly strong last year reporting on the lead up to the elections.

Well worth a 10 minute read once a week.
Yep - my fault for diverting it onto a Timmy bashing when he actually has nothing to do with it. But I thought I would actually see what happened on his actual site and wasn't disappointed. News reporting has gone to hell in a handcart and is all about clickbait for advertising money.

But the few times I have come across the B&H Independent, it seems to have a lot of good insight and some actual news rather than just writer puff pieces. But as as someone who lives 25 miles from Brighton and was still aware of it, I'm not sure it needed a promo thread - hence the scepticism.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
To be fair - Timmy is an outstanding journo. I think a Pulitzer awaits this latest effort

Albion lead Brentford by two goals to nil after goals fron Anthony Knockeart and Tomer Hemed.

Knockeart had been sensational again and has shown why the Albion paid in excess of £2.5m for his services .Scoring his first god the club to put Albion in the lead

The French winger put in a point cross for Hemed to double Albion’s lead after 43 minutes

Brentford’d best chance saw David Stockdale brilliantly push away Alan Judges fierce shot

I thought we paid less than £2m. I'm more inclined to believe Andy Naylor here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Should be KnockAErt !!!!!!

FFS Spell his name correctly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Awaits the return of Paul Valley..........

D

Deleted User X18H

Ding dong the lights are flashing we're going Timmy bashing da la la la la ding dong the lights are flashing we're going Timmy bashing ........

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The Albion coverage is very good and now always grab one when they come out for that reason only!
But as for the rest of it.....what a load of cr@p...always seems to be numerous columns and pages taken up by that smug little beardy tw@t leader of the labour council and his cronies trying to justify their decision to raise the amount we pay in council tax by a ridiculous amount! And drivel being spouted by the likes of Caroline Clueless for any 'right on' issue she can try and score points off!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here