spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This current team

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
For the first time I'm starting to edge towards Hughton. The present team is more street wise and has a greater physical presence to stand up to the rigours of Championship football.

If you could have Bridge & Ulloa in this team we would be near certainties for the title.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Hughton's team work harder when we haven't got the ball.

I don't remember too many occasions when Buckley would be bombing back to help his fullback.

This is the big difference. They work hard as a team, which seems to improve their togetherness.

Last night Knockers and Murphy were constantly tracking back.

I would definitely choose CHs team and based on the type of player he likes, the only Poyet players i would include would be Upson, Bridge..... AND ASHLEY BARNES :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Probably Hughton's. Knockaert is better creatively than anything Poyet had (except Vicente in his rare games). Defensively we have far more depth and I think Stockdale is now better than Kuszczak was under Poyet.

The only player we lack from that team is Ulloa. He would be great in this team. Bridge was great but I think I'd rather have Bong on a permanent deal than Bridge on loan.

The best bit about this season is Hughton. He's far more stable than Poyet and tactically I'd back him in the play offs. And, if we lose in the play offs, we'll hopefully have stability this time rather than losing our manager.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I have no doubt with players like Bong, Rosenior, March, Hunemeier and Greer back in the squad this to me is a far stronger squad.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Our manager has been here over a year, and was famous in football for decades before. Yet still there are people who don't know his name.

I wouldn't bother commenting normally, but it's in the thread title and this I find especially irksome.

To answer the question, I loved Poyet's team, and I love Hughton's too. So I can't choose.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
both sides have there pros and cons. I will back the current side. For a man who has been in the job just over a year it's an incredible achievement to have created such a good side on a smaller budget than the real big spenders of the league. Was nice he had his name chanted as well in recognition of this last night.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hughton's team work harder when we haven't got the ball.

I don't remember too many occasions when Buckley would be bombing back to help his fullback.

Although Buckley only played half the time!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
This team. We weren't very good in the Poyet era against teams that played a fast attacking game. Much more strength in depth in this squad as well. We would have run away with the league with this team in the year we finished 4th under Poyet.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Poyets team was better to watch.
Hughton is more tactically aware. Therefore more likely to get promotion.
If it's about getting promotion then Hughton, if it's about watching flair filled football then Poyet.

Hughton.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thinking about this last night. CH era signings not including loans Goldson, kayal, Bong, knockaert, Rosenior along with March, Stephens, Dunk, Kaz not a bad team at all just need the striking dept to get sorted

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Let's see this team get us promoted... Then we can say they are better
Poyet's seemed to have more style and flair... Dave, Orlandi, Buckley, , but this one is more grafting . If the goals keep coming we'll make it :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here