Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Knockaert soo cheap?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
But he's proven in England. Was 1 of the best players in the Championship last time and has not even reached his peak yet.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'm not sure Leicester thought he was the finished article and used him as a sub a lot. I remember him coming on for Leicester as a sub when we beat them 3-1 in 2013 or 14 I think. I recall he looked very lively but seemed to lack a final ball. Clearly he's worked on that and got his confidence up at Standard Liege. At 2 million quid with a potential 120m a season avail in the premier, that could turn out to be the best bit of business we have ever done.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Seems he just didn't make the step up to the premiership

I think he could have done, but was kept out of the team by players like Mahrez being so damn good that he couldn't get his place back.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Leicester offered him a four year contract, but he left for Liege to be near his family as his father was ill.

Or so I have been told.

His father has now recovered, so he wanted to come back to England. Why he was so cheap I don't know.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Also agree looks like the buy of the transfer window and only 24 on his two displays so far looks incredible

He has the potential to be a legend, I genuinely feel he was the best value in the January transfer window & am truly excited by the team we are building. If we fail in our quest for promotion this season I have every faith we will only get better with more quality signings in the close season. The biggest test will be I am afraid of is when a bigger club comes calling for CH we must keep hold of him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Leicester offered him a four year contract, but he left for Liege to be near his family as his father was ill.

Or so I have been told.

His father has now recovered, so he wanted to come back to England. Why he was so cheap I don't know.

I also heard that he fell out with Pearson, possibly because he wasn't getting game time and that's why he left. That said, still seems a ridiculously cheap price.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It just doesn't make sense.

Simple really, it's to confuse those fans that think transfer fee = ability (ie, a high fee = a very good player, a low fee = substandard) and write off players as bargain basement, etc before they have even kick a ball in anger for the club (we have rather a lot of fans like this who use low transfer fees as a stick to beat the club with)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Or so I have been told.

That explains it then, looking at the reaction from Leicester fans on Twitter he's very well respected and a fans favourite
What a find from our scouting team to get him back to England playing for The Albion, great piece of work, what a talent and we've got him in his prime at 24

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here