Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
He made some blistering dashes for half the length of the pitch and it did seem to take him a little while to fully recover. He is very very quick though as demonstrated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think CH would start with Wilson if he was 100%. We only have one striker who is comfortable with 90 minutes at present; I expect a loan window signing when the door opens.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I have noticed that too.

Kishishev (I think that was his name, anyway the ex Charlton midfielder) always used to look like a beetroot after about 10 minutes and I have wondered if Wilson is the same, i.e. he just always looks as though he is struggling.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think CH would start with Wilson if he was 100%. We only have one striker who is comfortable with 90 minutes at present; I expect a loan window signing when the door opens.
A window AND a door open? How much of a draft do you want to let in FFS?

:jester:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He was probably tired from having to run away from sidwell after not playing him in for a obvious tap in

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He looked absolutely knackered again last night.

Still ill or not fully recovered?

He only looked to struggle a little after being brought down in the box when he was through and about to shoot. (Obviously got a knock from it)

It was a perfectly timed sliding tackle by the defender to clear and never a penalty, but Wilson then collided with them after the clearance

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I thought he had a lot more stamina last night. Kept running throughout the half, despite spending a lot of time being the only one chasing down balls over the top.
Think he's on the way back from whatever it was.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I thought his energy levels looked better last night. He did get a bit of a knock at one point though that left him with a bit of a limp for a while.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He's clearly recovering from an illness biut last night was the best he's looked in a while. He needs games... That's how players get up to speed.

And he still created, what was it, 3 clear chances for other players last night, despite apparently not looking fit...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Was amazed to see how tired he appeared last night, he is quite obviously still feeling the effects of his illness which is hugely frustrating as its blindingly obvious what a huge talent he has.

I really hope another week see's improvement in his fitness / recovery and he's in a position to play off Hemed next Saturday.

His movement and positional play makes such a difference to us and for me he has to be playing alongside a target man rather than two target men playing alongside each other.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe he's just one of these people who always looks like everything is a massive effort, even when it's not.

Paula Radcliffe used to look as though she was on her last legs compared to the seemingly effortless Kenyan & Ethiopians, yet she was the best in the world in her prime.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There was some match sharpness missing, but the reason he looked knackered was because of the knocks he took. Especially when the defender nicked the ball off him and he landed heavily. I think his tiredness was due to having the wind knocked out of him so many times. A real battling performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here