Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley vs Hull

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I know people will probably say don't worry about other teams results, just our own, but...

What would be best result for us today? Personally I would like to see Burnley win, to make the top of the table a really tight affair. However, I then worry about a positive result for Burnley might see them work up a head of steam - looking at their fixtures they only play Notts Forest from the top half of the table until they play us on April 2nd - so maybe a Hull win would benefit us, take a bit of the wind out of Burnley's sails so to speak.

Hull have the opposite scenario, where 5 of their next 6 games are against promotion chasing sides, so are likely to drop some points along the way!

Then again, maybe a draw is the best option all round.

Now I don't know what I think...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know people will probably say don't worry about other teams results, just our own, but...

What would be best result for us today? Personally I would like to see Burnley win, to make the top of the table a really tight affair. However, I then worry about a positive result for Burnley might see them work up a head of steam - looking at their fixtures they only play Notts Forest from the top half of the table until they play us on April 2nd - so maybe a Hull win would benefit us, take a bit of the wind out of Burnley's sails so to speak.

Hull have the opposite scenario, where 5 of their next 6 games are against promotion chasing sides, so are likely to drop some points along the way!

Then again, maybe a draw is the best option all round.

Now I don't know what I think...

Very good question.

Default position is 'draw' but, with Hull's fixtures being as they are, there are plenty more trip hazards for them awaiting. Perhaps a Hull win would not be such a bad result if it's paired with another Boro loss and we go on to take Hull down in a week or so.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Draw
Only 2 points given to our rivals rather than 3 points.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Surely you always want the opposition to share two points than either get three

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Under normal circumstances I would say yes, but looking at upcoming fixtures makes things look differently. Burnley are likely to pick up a lot of points over the next 7 or 8 games, whereas Hull have some very tough matches and are equally likely to drop some points.

I am now swinging towards a Hull win, providing we beat them next week! :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A draw means we have made up 2 points on both of them. Nice.

Red cards for Hull would mean suspensions for them when we play up there, so a bonus.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

This makes the most sense at this stage of the season, as after the next run of 5 or so games Burnley may have leapfrogged Hull in the table. A draw means we stay with the top and both teams are without a win and the momentum that could bring

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Keep changing my mind but have ended up wanting a Burnley victory...I think.

Champ.JPG

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Under normal circumstances I would say yes, but looking at upcoming fixtures makes things look differently. Burnley are likely to pick up a lot of points over the next 7 or 8 games, whereas Hull have some very tough matches and are equally likely to drop some points.

I am now swinging towards a Hull win, providing we beat them next week! :)

I'm with you. This is the 3rd of 3 really tough fixtures for Burnley after which they have a run of games where they will be supremely confident. Hull on the other hand have a difficult looking run coming up. I don't want Hull maintaining the gap between us but I see it as better outcome to Burnley getting yet more momentum

A draw must be 1st prize though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here