Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hemed-ld229-2941293_478x359.jpg

Tomer Hemed
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 6th February 2016
by James Hilsum
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Tomer Hemed was delighted to get back on the scoresheet last night, after a superb headed goal helped Albion claim an emphatic 3-0 win over Brentford.
It wasn't an easy header, but I’m happy it went in and that I helped the team to win. "
Tomer Hemed
The Israeli timed his jump to perfection after he met compatriot Beram Kayal's cross with a bullet header, which flew past Brentford keeper David Button.
He said, "I'm very happy because we won and that is the most important thing for me.
"I saw Beram on the right-hand side and waited for the cross in a good position. He did some excellent work there and I was in the right place at the right time and in a good position to score.
"It wasn't an easy header, but I’m happy it went in and that I helped the team to win.
"Occasionally I score goals with my head. In England it is more difficult than Spain, but I work very hard every day and I try to score in every game.
"Sometimes it doesn't come, but I'm happy with my goal and hopefully I will score many more before the end of the season."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Albion's number ten praised the performances from man-of-the-match Anthony Knockaert and Jamie Murphy, as the wingers terrorised the Brentford defence throughout the 90 minutes.
"Anthony is very good, he helped us a lot. He's very important because he creates chances and is always dangerous for the other teams.
"It's always good for me as a striker to have a player like him on the pitch and it's very important we have players like this in the team.
"Jamie had an amazing game and always works hard. We know that he will give us 100 per cent in every game and all the players and staff appreciate his work."
Hemed commended the support from Albion's fans on the night and was pleased that the Amex faithful left the stadium in fine spirits.
"Our fans are amazing, I'm really happy here and in every game we see many people come here to support us. We want to make them happy, and I'm glad it happened last night."

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED**
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY*
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here