Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I thought they looked very good on Boxing Day...weak last night though

Credit to Hughton as the way we set up, restricted them. Brentford have scored 23 away goals this season, so far, so they're no slouches, but we sat back, frustrated them, & hit them on the break.

Us, last season. What a pleasure it is to see how we've changed

No way last season did we control the ball that effectively and neither did we under Oscar.

I will say it - we were not 3-0 better but for once took our chances and that turns football matches and we got a flattering scoreline - it happens and it feels bloody great!

If Judge had taken that great early chance (bravo Stockdale), with their possession stats it could have been a completely different game.

I was incredibly impressed with Brentford who are a great team to watch - alas for them they have a poor forward up front and their wide players probably lacked some gamebreaking pace to really hurt us (like that guy Lookman did). I'd take Ryan Woods off them in a shot - fantastic little player.

Last edited:

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
We've become a top counter attacking side recently, Knockaert fits into that brilliantly. Continue counter attacking and that should get us out of the league

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No way last season did we control the ball that effectively and neither did we under Oscar.

I will say it - we were not 3-0 better but for once took our chances and that turns football matches and we got a flattering scoreline - it happens and it feels bloody great!

If Judge had taken that great early chance (bravo Stockdale), with their possession stats it could have been a completely different game.

I was incredibly impressed with Brentford who are a great team to watch - alas for them they have a poor forward up front and their wide players probably lacked some gamebreaking pace to really hurt us (like that guy Lookman did). I'd take Ryan Woods off them in a shot - fantastic little player.

I agree entirety with your observations Brentford looked good Woods and Judge are two players that would walk into any Championship team

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brentford were lucky we missed so many chances, on another night we could have scored 5 or 6 or even more. I think I counted just 2 decent attempts by them.

Thought they were very poor, actually.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brentford were lucky we missed so many chances, on another night we could have scored 5 or 6 or even more. I think I counted just 2 decent attempts by them.

Thought they were very poor, actually.
I agree, we looked miles better than them on last nights showing. Other than Stockdales good save they offered little, their fullbacks were beaten at will.

jon.rutter

Oct 7, 2014
I agree entirety with your observations Brentford looked good Woods and Judge are two players that would walk into any Championship team
Yep. I thought Woods was absolutely magnificent last night. Pulled all their strings and tirelessly looking for the ball in space.
Really odd running style though !

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep. I thought Woods was absolutely magnificent last night. Pulled all their strings and tirelessly looking for the ball in space.

He learnt how to run from CMS :)

For what it's worth, if I had to watch a mid table team all season I'd choose Brentford. Attacking football is exciting to watch.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Totally agree, great little player busy busy busy - re running style Jonathan Douglas at Ipswich has a strange style also.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here