Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't think anyone really takes much notice of the MOTM award but we was very, very good today, going forward AND defensively.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
He's under pressure now from the flying Czech. And played like it

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
With Lualua not getting on and March to come back we have some real quality there. Nice to have some proper competition on the wings for once

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not MotM at all. Knockaert was sensational

But, fantastic to see Murphy back on his game, particularly in the second half when he opened his box of tricks.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nowhere near MoM for me - that was a one horse race with Knockaert's influence on every aspect of the game being outstanding......... But that said I think it was Murphy's best game for us especially as he kept going right to the end, something I've been a little critical of previously, plus his defensive game looks to have greatly improved (second best player on the pitch) :lolol:
We also had 3 and 4 in Kayal and Goldson IMO.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not a Murphy fan, but tonight I thought he was fantastic. Caught ball watching a couple of times in the second half but each time he recovered really quickly.

Great performance.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Awful miss in the first half though. Shot well wide of the near post with a clear view of the goal when a shot across the keeper would have been in.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Workrate was superb tonite! His first touch is sublime at times, just needs a bit of ziip of the mark and would be top class! He is something differant to the other wingers we have and another good Hughton signing!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Very good game prob not MOTM as Knockhart was sensational and so was young CG. That move in the 2nd half though Murphy Wilson and Knockhart were involved in was some of the best football since THAT Ulloa goal v palace

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree that this was his best game, but not that he was MotM. But he really put in a shift, and there were moments of exceptional skill. I like the way he carries the ball, and is brave in taking defenders on. There has been less of that over the last few months, whereas it was more prominent in his earlier games, and again tonight.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
MOM for me, despite Knockaert's outstanding performance. I would have given it to Knockaert before Murphy's goal, mind you, but we all agreed where I sit that he deserved it.

Outstanding going forward, set one up and scored.

For me though, what won him my MOM on top of that was his unbelievable workrate and desire in defending. Never stopped running, which contributed massively to our clean sheet.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I woul have given it to Murphy, one goal, one assist, and the two wayward passes that he chased down out on the wing were going out, but he set up good chances from both. He looked like the player that I thought we bought from Sheffield Utd tonight, not the one that's been playing for us this season

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
With Lualua not getting on and March to come back we have some real quality there. Nice to have some proper competition on the wings for once

Unless my eyes deceived me, Lua Lua injured himself taking his tracksuit off tonight, about a minute before Kayal got injured. Slammed top down and disappeared up the tunnel. Feel for the bloke.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That was Hemed I briefly blamed Murphy too.

Oops - it was long way from where I was sitting. Apologies to Jamie!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Murphy maybe just shaded it for me but Knocky was brilliant again - regardless it was his best game for us by a distance. Great to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here