Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton - what a manager

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Post match on Sky, ten minutes of erudite quality, humility and reverence.

The guys is superb. I recommend that everyone watch the recording, if they can? Inspirational!

I even am growing to like Worzel as well.....
Nurse!

TNBA

TTF

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Didn't like the 4-5-1 change though, we let Brentford back in to the game a little bit. Why not go for the jugular?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

The guys is superb. I recommend that everyone watch the recording, if they can? Inspirational!

Nurse!

TNBA

TTF

Living in Bristol, one of his kids went to primary school with ours. Met him several times and a nicer guy you could not meet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Didn't like the 4-5-1 change though, we let Brentford back in to the game a little bit. Why not go for the jugular?

I think you are confusing possession and shots on goal. We had enough good chances to win this 6-0, especially in the last 20mins. I can't remember a clear Brentford chance after Crofts came on. We sat back on purpose and played on the break, brilliant tactics.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Exactly what i and some others noticed tonight ive just opened a thread titled Tactics with this in it. Very very odd he shut up shop at half time and that was that,
imho not a good tactic to use it made it very uneasy and a very hard half for the lads the last 45.
Strange and odd thing to do could have easily cost us the match.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Spare a thought for Hughton. He's got to work out how to fit a Czech international into the team

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Strange and odd thing to do could have easily cost us the match.

Except it didn't. Also, you say it made it a hard half but we were 4-4-2 until the 69th minute, and from half time until that point we'd struggled to keep hold of the ball. Does it not make sense to tighten up?

I'm pretty sure that, had Kayal not got injured meaning we had to use our final sub, Kaz would have come on to give us more going forward

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Except it didn't. Also, you say it made it a hard half but we were 4-4-2 until the 69th minute, and from half time until that point we'd struggled to keep hold of the ball. Does it not make sense to tighten up?

I'm pretty sure that, had Kayal not got injured meaning we had to use our final sub, Kaz would have come on to give us more going forward

We struggled to keep the ball all match ��

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Tonight was the first time in the 13 months of his tenure the fans started singing about him.
I don't know why it's taken our fans so long to appreciate the work our wonderful manager?!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton

It was clearly a tactic to let them keep hold of the ball in front of us. There has been a distinct change in tactics over the last 2 home games in allowing teams to come at us and hitting them on the break. having a player like Knockaert allows us to do that much more effectively with his quality final balls/runs. Anyone complaining about the tactics in a very comfortable 3-0 win when we didn't have a save to make after the first 10 mins is crazy. Seems Hughton can't win.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Nurse!

TNBA

TTF
Anybody else see Holloway dancing to Fanzone? Out and out dad dancing.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

But for all the possession that Brentford had in midfield, how many clear cut chances did they have compared to us. The defence was superb tonight, two early blips from Dunky early 1st half apart.
When they eventually lost the ball cos our good defensive work, we looked like we might hit them on the break cos they pushed up so high and had the slowest back four ive seen this year.
Wilson even gave their bloke a 5 yard head start and still beat him to the ball.

Good tactics by CH tonight for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here