Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert - The standard of signing we needed

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
After an awful run of 7 games without a win we looked lost, Knockaert has dragged the team by its collar and made us a threat again.

If Skalak is somewhere near that standard we are looking good.

Murphy was excellent tonight too. About time we put a proper result in

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thought Kayal played well tonight and Goldson is looking more and more like a real bargain.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
What impresses me most about him, it isn't his skill (that's obvious), it isn't his passion (that's obvious too), it's his high intensity runs. I've not seen a player like it, he covers so much ground, but a lot of players can do that as long as it's fairly low intensity, but my god the amount of high intensity sprints and runs he makes is unreal. It's just relentless, even in the 93rd minute he was still sprinting full pelt. Amazing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Agreed regarding Goldson too. Greer should not be walking back in the squad now. Brentford have an excellent away goals record so for them to be the first team to win by more than one goal and a clean sheet could be the confidence boost we need to push on now for a proper push

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Quality signing, skill, passion, pace, commitment, good crosser, good free kick, good engine, knows where the goal is and bags of spirit and character. What's not to like apart from the French bit ... but nobody's perfect.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With all this talk of Knockers, we're forgetting the best player in the Championship in August & September. When Kaz gets back in the team, we could see more scores like this!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thought Kayal played well tonight and Goldson is looking more and more like a real bargain.

I'm slowly warming to the idea that Goldson may be one of the most important signings we've made in some time.

Watching a stream from beIN sports, thought I heard that we spent £1m on him, is that correct?

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Knockaert is superb, he will have his off games as Leicester fans said they do happen but if take a poor game in 5 for 4/5 like this! Plus there is Skalak/LuaLua not even in the side as well. I'm very excited.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm slowly warming to the idea that Goldson may be one of the most important signings we've made in some time.

Watching a stream from beIN sports, thought I heard that we spent £1m on him, is that correct?

I don't think it is; £500k was what I saw reported at the time. A bargain on the scale of the Kayal and Stephens transfers if correct.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
He's total class and his performances are already lifting performances of other players. Add Sidwell and possibly Shalak into the mix, plus players returning from injury and we have a team full of competition for places. All of a sudden I feel we have have a team with both resilence and craft. :bowdown: Chris Hughton

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We must have the best set of wingers in the league in terms of the threat they all possess.
Knockhart was outstanding again, but murphys work rate tonight was also exceptional and a well deserved goal. LuaLua and Shalek to offer competition as well and Marxh who was arguably our best player for the 6 weeks prior to his injury an added bonus when he returns

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Knockaert's performance, from an attacking perspective, was the best from an albion player in a very long time, absolutely class!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Quality signing, skill, passion, pace, commitment, good crosser, good free kick, good engine, knows where the goal is and bags of spirit and character. What's not to like apart from the French bit ... but nobody's perfect.

Pretty sure he's Flemish with a name like Knockeart!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Knockaert is such an influence on the whole team. Joy to watch and so far remarkably consistent. 3rd man of the match performance?
Murphy needs a mention too. Best game since the very start of the season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here