Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirley Hemeds last chance

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Hemed(barn door) starts again tonight Shirley must be his last chance to perform before the big cheque comes in

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He has a great header in him......as well as a terrible header

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He has a great header in him......as well as a terrible header

What do you expect from a second division striker who is valued at 1 10th of other second division striker, Jordan Rhodes?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well taken goal, hopefully with better balls into the box he can replicate his early season form for the rest of the season

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You should always head towards the ground when in the goal mouth area.
The bounce usually wrong foots the goalie.
Better than heading over the bar or straight at the goalie.

I would still drop him - delighted that he got his goal but that chance where he screwed wide of the post rather than going across the keeper as any natural goalscorer would have done spoke volumes I'm afraid. My front pairing would be Zamora for the chance conversion and Wilson to stretch teams, which with two effective wingers in Knocky Jamie and Kaz (perm 2 from 3) we will do consistently now. Hemed will be a decent option from the bench as against Charlton.

I know why Hughton goes for him, his workrate is phenomenal but it's time to be bold and really go for the 3-pointers - I still dont think Hull/Boro are beyond us if we give it a right go.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've commented often on his finishing, but it was a very well taken goal - he placed the ball perfectly.

It was evident how much it meant to him and the rest of the team - lovely to see and I'm really pleased he finally got a reward for his effort. Hopefully it's just what he needs to kick on from here.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When I saw the big screen replay I thought that's a great header, when I saw it later on sky I thought no that's a fantastic header.

My wife texted me to say one of the pundits on Sky had said "as good as Shearer".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here