Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21 Vs Arsenal

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
3-nil down at half time... auyunga got us a penalty, but somone missed it,... dont know who.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Our U21s do seem to get beaten a lot. Are we playing our U18s in the team ? ???

Stumpy Tim

Our U21s do seem to get beaten a lot. Are we playing our U18s in the team ? ???

Though I agree to an extent, I do believe it's harsh to judge us on our first season at this level. The players aren't used to playing at this level, and we're slowly bringing in better players. The fact Tilley scored suggests we are playing very young players. A result at Arsenal, who have players like Wellbeck starting, also isn't a fair reflection on the progress

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Harper subbed, again.

1. Shit
  2. Injured
  3. Unift

The 'kid from Madrid' came with so much hype with the expectation of pushing for first-team football by Christmas time, but he's struggling to perform in our Under 21 team at the moment.
Just because he was on the books with Real Madrid as a teenager, does'nt mean he was going to tear up the English second tier.

Did we pay Real Madrid a fee for Harper?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The 'kid from Madrid' came with so much hype with the expectation of pushing for first-team football by Christmas time, but he's struggling to perform in our Under 21 team at the moment.
Just because he was on the books with Real Madrid as a teenager, does'nt mean he was going to tear up the English second tier.

Did we pay Real Madrid a fee for Harper?

Much of the hype came from the Club and The Argus which raised expectations among many supporters, as you've said.
I believe he didn't have a future with Madrid as the 'C Team' was going to cease to exist, if I remember correctly.

I'm not writing him off yet by any means, but as far as I can see (highlights and reports), he's not standing out among his fellow U21's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here