Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do Southern enforce the 16.15 rule for travelling for evening kick offs?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Going to go into town for a few early ones...Will a ticket from Lancing be required if travelling before 16.15 or do they just let you through?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Whenever I am heading down early i won't risk it.

Having said that - I have never had my ticket inspected whilst travelling down at that time. i would assume the only problem would be getting through the barrier at Brighton. Perhaps the cheapest single to Brighton online and select to buy collect at any station. Then you will be fine

Alternatively, isn't it only about £6 from anywhere in that zone? So you could buy a ticket?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I imagine lunchtime would be taking the piss a bit, but I've never been questioned previously, and I often catch a train (from Haywards Heath) much earlier than officially permitted for 3pm kick offs.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Whenever I am heading down early i won't risk it.

Having said that - I have never had my ticket inspected whilst travelling down at that time. i would assume the only problem would be getting through the barrier at Brighton. Perhaps the cheapest single to Brighton online and select to buy collect at any station. Then you will be fine

Alternatively, isn't it only about £6 from anywhere in that zone? So you could buy a ticket?

Its not the price, I refuse to give Southern any more money than is necessary due to their awful service and their rude and somewhat dismissive staff.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I imagine lunchtime would be taking the piss a bit, but I've never been questioned previously, and I often catch a train (from Haywards Heath) much earlier than officially permitted for 3pm kick offs.

Cheers...I didn't even realise there was a cut off time until someone mentioned it to me yesterday!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Its not the price, I refuse to give Southern any more money than is necessary due to their awful service and their rude and somewhat dismissive staff.

Fair enough, in that case I would either chance it or go for the cheap single option. I am in the privileged position of not having to use them very often

Usually if you have an old ticket and just flash it at the guy at the gate they will just open it for you

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I have arrived at BTN station around midday twice for evening KO's and have never had to buy another ticket. I was questioned on one occasion, 'is there a game on tonight?' I responded by showing the fixture list on my phone, the ticket guy said okay, so that was that.
The other time nobody seemed to care.
That was not this season, though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here