Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Julian Assange Unlawfully Detained

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
you recall incorrectly, there has never been any case or charge against Assange from the US. they prosecuted Manning for the theft of data and treason, but nothing was ever raised about Assange. its widlly commentated by the sensible americans that he's not commited any offence, he'd be protected under 1st amendment if anyone tried to say otherwise.

Really? I remain to be convinced.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not true.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Is he still holed up in Ecuador Embassy?

apparently. the twitter story above is probably seeded by him to remind the world he exists.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He’s a snake who betrayed his faux libertarian agenda, by massively helping Trump beat Hilary.

That makes no sense. A Libertarian would want to expose life long corrupt corporate politicians like Clinton. Especially one whose party is becoming more left leaning.

His preference makes perfect sense.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The alt-right live in a very very strange space if they think the democrats (and the Clinton's) are left wing.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
While it’s undoubtedly true that the US can’t wait to bang him up for a very long time for wiki leaks-related stuff, I can have no sympathy for him. Jumping bail in the UK, resisting extradition to Sweden to face sex charges, and bringing two (failed) human rights cases against Ecuador for, inter alia, objecting to them asking to clear up his cat’s shit and to pay for damage he caused by skateboarding in the embassy. Knob.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The alt-right live in a very very strange space if they think the democrats (and the Clinton's) are left wing.

that place is called USA.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
While it’s undoubtedly true that the US can’t wait to bang him up for a very long time for wiki leaks-related stuff...

some in the US have suggested he gets banged up. there is not officially or publically an warrant for his arrest or application to a court for this (so i understand unless changed). there are claims of a sealed indictment that sits silently, waiting for him to leave the embassy, but on what actual charge? hosting a computer system abroad that some else sent data to? traditionally you cant extradite people for crimes committed in other countries, even espionage. i very much hope on arrest there will be nothing from the US, and he'll see he's just wasted 9 years on paranoia.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
some in the US have suggested he gets banged up. there is not officially or publically an warrant for his arrest or application to a court for this (so i understand unless changed). there are claims of a sealed indictment that sits silently, waiting for him to leave the embassy, but on what actual charge? hosting a computer system abroad that some else sent data to? traditionally you cant extradite people for crimes committed in other countries, even espionage. i very much hope on arrest there will be nothing from the US, and he'll see he's just wasted 9 years on paranoia.

Yes, that’s a more accurate description. On the other hand, Trumpski surely won’t be able to resist the publicity and appeal to populism to just leave him alone?

I must admit, there’s a great deal of schadenfreude to be had if the US did just shrug their shoulders though :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That makes no sense. A Libertarian would want to expose life long corrupt corporate politicians like Clinton. Especially one whose party is becoming more left leaning.

His preference makes perfect sense.

He worked with Putin and his murderous regime.

The reason, anger that the US Administration under the Democrats sough his arrest.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Plenty of left wing people in the Democrats ranks and it's growing.

Look how much coverage is given to the clown that is AOC. Being hailed as the next big thing by many Dems.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He worked with Putin and his murderous regime.

The reason, anger that the US Administration under the Democrats sough his arrest.

The US is more murderous than the Russians. O'Bomber and those who preceded him loved to kill people. All the people making a big deal about a few Russians hacking when the US has actually been trying to influence election for 50 years which is the biggest reason for the world's issues, not the Russians.

Their relevance and power has waned over the years. China has surpassed them as a far bigger threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here