Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midfielder urges Albion to be nasty just like Bergkamp if they want promotion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
STEVE SIDWELL has told Albion to be nasty if they want to win promotion.
Sidwell is back with the Seagulls on loan from Stoke and hardened by ten years of playing in the Premier League.
The central midfielder, in the squad for Brentford’s visit tonight, declared: “You don’t get to the top by being nice. You’ve got to have that nasty streak.
“Look at the Manchester United teams that dominated all those years and the players that were there, Roy Keane, Jaap Stam. You need those sort of players.
“I was with Arsenal’s ‘Invincibles’ when I was a kid.
“Dennis Bergkamp was a lovely player, a lovely man, but if you got on the wrong side of him he had a real nasty streak as well.
“You need that, not just in football, I think in any walk of life. You don’t just get given things on a plate. If you want to get to where you want to be, on the top of your profession, then you get there by hook or by crook sometimes.
“From what I’ve seen from the (Albion) team this year, they can mix it on the pitch as well as others. There’s a lot of togetherness. It is something that you definitely need to be a winner.”
A third win on the trot for Albion against Brentford at the Amex will lift Chris Hughton’s side to third, within two points of Middlesbrough in second place and three behind leaders Hull.
Third-placed Burnley host Hull tomorrow while Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday, the sides just outside the play-offs, clash at St Andrew’s.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here