Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] SIDWELL: WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

With the competition in midfield already high, Sidwell is eager to make his mark on his new club and become a key figure in the dressing room.“I wouldn’t have come to the club if I didn’t think I could get in the team, don’t get me wrong, they have done brilliantly. With me coming here, it can only increase the players’ levels, which will benefit the club massively.
“Once the games come thick and fast and I get more settled, I will start to voice my opinions more. I have gained promotion in this league and performed in the Premier League, so hopefully I can give some of that experience to the players here.
“I have been the captain at most sides I’ve played for on numerous occasions; if it’s going well I’m the first to pat your back and if it’s not, then I can encourage you to pick up your standards”.
After struggling to get regular game time with Stoke, Sidwell admitted manager Mark Hughes was reluctant to let him go, but the midfielder was delighted when the move was finalised.
“It got to the point where I just wanted to play football. I was training Monday to Friday and not playing on the weekend, and as a professional footballer, that’s not what you want.
“The manager did admit to me that he was being a little bit selfish by keeping me at the club but when I was given the opportunity, I jumped at the chance.
“I haven’t played for five months. Some people would see that as a negative, but I’m chomping at the bit to get playing again.
“You can see it in my eyes that I cannot wait to get out on the pitch at the Amex this Friday”.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here