Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell ready to turn up heat on Albion midfield duo [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Steve Sidwell wants to turn up the heat on Beram Kayal and Dale Stephens on his return to Albion.
The 33-year-old re-signed on loan from Stoke for the rest of the season is ready to fight for one of the central midfield spots dominated by Kayal and Stephens.
The pair have missed only one Championship match apiece all season but Sidwell, likely to be on the bench against his first loan club Brentford at the Amex tomorrow night, is itching for more game time.
Sidwell told The Argus: “I wouldn’t come if I didn’t think I’d be good enough to play.
“Those two have done fantastically well and if the gaffer sticks by them then so be it.
“If me coming into the building increases their performances it can only be good for the club.
“Obviously, it won’t be good for me individually because I want to come in and play. It’s down to me. If I get a chance and the availability is there to grab a jersey I’ve got to take it with both hands and make sure the performances are high.”
Kazenga LuaLua (bruised toe) has been passed fit for Brentford’s visit but captain Gordon Greer (hamstring) is still sidelined and a late decision will be made on Sam Baldock (calf).
Manager Chris Hughton expects Greer to be available for Bolton’s visit on January 13, which is followed by a hat-trick of away games in a week against leaders Hull, Cardiff and Bristol City.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here