Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TOTP 1981- bbc4 ongoing thread

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Been watching this now for the last 5 years since they started showing the reruns(from 1976 onwards) , we're up to 1981 and a classic tonight( catch up I player if you missed it)
Unbelievable era for music and British culture, so much diversity on both counts
Duran Duran first ever performance with Planet Earth, Adam & The Ants - Kings of wild frontier, The Who- You better you bet, Teardrop Explodes- Reward
Yet another faboulous dance routine by legs and Co :) and to round it all off the brilliant one hit wonder JOE DOLCIE - Shaddup yer Face :lolol:
Roll on next week, wonder if Joe DOLCIE can keep Ultravox and Vienna of the top spot yet again
(Bbc4 every Thursday at 7:30) :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I love most Friday nights on BBC 4.
Preferred the 70's TOTP but 80's is good too, not many 70's TOTP left to show because Saville presented so many of them.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I love most Friday nights on BBC 4.
Preferred the 70's TOTP but 80's is good too, not many 70's TOTP left to show because Saville presented so many of them.

Some weeks it's not on and was wondering if the gaps in weeks are episodes that Jimmy savile presented, wonder if they won't show Dave Lee Travis episodes either

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Some weeks it's not on and was wondering if the gaps in weeks are episodes that Jimmy savile presented, wonder if they won't show Dave Lee Travis episodes either

Probably not.
A few weeks ago they showed this video on BBC4, I had not heard it for years and I cannot get it out of my head, I sing it (in my head) all day and its driving me crazy, great song and talk about natural rhythm and as for those suits, just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTg1ES13yLw

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Been watching this now for the last 5 years since they started showing the reruns(from 1976 onwards) , we're up to 1981 and a classic tonight( catch up I player if you missed it)
Unbelievable era for music and British culture, so much diversity on both counts
Duran Duran first ever performance with Planet Earth, Adam & The Ants - Kings of wild frontier, The Who- You better you bet, Teardrop Explodes- Reward
Yet another faboulous dance routine by legs and Co :) and to round it all off the brilliant one hit wonder JOE DOLCIE - Shaddup yer Face :lolol:
Roll on next week, wonder if Joe DOLCIE can keep Ultravox and Vienna of the top spot yet again
Very familiar tunes. I can almost "remember" this particular show,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Joe Dolcie (or was it Joe Dolce) - along with those prats singing 'I'm too sexy for my shirt' - sum up the 80s for me. Glad I survived them, thankful I don't have to go back there.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Joe Dolcie (or was it Joe Dolce) - along with those prats singing 'I'm too sexy for my shirt' - sum up the 80s for me. Glad I survived them, thankful I don't have to go back there.
The trouble is the record was released in the 90's !!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1981 was a great year for pop music.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
79/84was a great era for music IMO
Great bands, great songs, diverse culture, not too bad a time to be following the Albion either :)

Yes. Although I'd say more 76-84. The great days of radio.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Joe Dulce kept Ultravox off number one that year. Rather unfortunate.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The trouble is it was released at all.
Fantastic record , takes me back to benidorm 1992 , rammed with full kit w ankers from Pontefract and other such ridiculous places , you couldnt fail to pull filthy northern sluts if you had a southern accent :lolol:

i'm sure [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will be all over this at the mention of northern sluts !!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fantastic record , takes me back to benidorm 1992 , rammed with full kit w ankers from Pontefract and other such ridiculous places , you couldnt fail to pull filthy northern sluts if you had a southern accent :lolol:

i'm sure [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will be all over this at the mention of northern sluts !!

Well, I suppose for a guaranteed shag it might just be worth tormenting your ears for 3 minutes with the feckin' awful record. Just about.. Maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here