Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North south divide

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am up north staying with relatives. One has just shown me there fans website notably there players marks against Everton. On ours it is rare unless your name is Best to see player given less then 5. On Newcastle site so many 2s and 3s

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The people of Arundel can be very harsh.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Surely its the fact Newcastle are shit with players who are percived to not give a damm and we are currently on the up with one of the best squads in 25-30 years.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I am up north staying with relatives. One has just shown me there fans website notably there players marks against Everton. On ours it is rare unless your name is Best to see player given less then 5. On Newcastle site so many 2s and 3s

They can't count any higher than that.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Don't think it's anything to do with the North-South divide really. For example to flip the discussion who do you think gives their players higher ratings on average, those of Boro or Charlton? Also look at Leicester and Villa. 2 clubs both in the midlands, but I don't believe their average ratings will be similar in the least.

I think it's more to do with the gross underachievements of the barcodes up the road from us compared to your greatly exceeding your preseason expectations. Those lovable rogues up at Sid James' Park who often get accused of having delusions of grandeur by the Teesside faithful have probably a net spend on their squad around the same ballpark as the entire top 6 in the championship (and that's saying something given the level of spending overall in the champo this season) in the last 12 months and yet they're currently sitting proudly 3 places above Hull in the football pyramid.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think it's just a comparison of the relative fanbase attitudes towards the achievements of their teams.

Whilst I'm sure most Albion fans are happy with the way the season has gone so far, I very much doubt the Geordies feel the same...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here