Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBC football website ... no team lineups

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The new BBC football website no longer shows team lineups under results. The lineup (who played, who was substituted) is always the second most important thing I look for after the result. I've complained to the BBC. The good folk of NSC need to do the same. Signed: Disgusted of Mid Sussex.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The new BBC football website no longer shows team lineups under results. The lineup (who played, who was substituted) is always the second most important thing I look for after the result. I've complained to the BBC. The good folk of NSC need to do the same. Signed: Disgusted of Mid Sussex.

They appear to be on this match report from last night http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35416325

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Are you sure they aren't below the article?

I know they appear directly under the score during the game, but I thought after the match, the report goes above it as per the [MENTION=23311]halbpro[/MENTION] example?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Are you sure, have just clicked through to the new website and looked at Brighton v Huddersfield, open up report of game and scroll down and line ups are available by clicking on the link.

The BBC have act very quickly on your complaint, or they were always there and you just wanted to complain because you couldn't navigate your way to read them.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Are you sure they aren't below the article?

I know they appear directly under the score during the game, but I thought after the match, the report goes above it as per the [MENTION=23311]halbpro[/MENTION] example?

Yup, been that way for ages. I think it'd probably be a little nicer if that info wasn't right at the bottom of the page, but all the relevant match details are very much still there.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Are you sure, have just clicked through to the new website and looked at Brighton v Huddersfield, open up report of game and scroll down and line ups are available by clicking on the link.

The BBC have act very quickly on your complaint, or they were always there and you just wanted to complain because you couldn't navigate your way to read them.

To be fair we have all done it.

I had some work done in my kitchen when I was renting a flat a few years ago. The day after they were finished (which was Christmas Eve) my wife went to use the oven and it wouldn't work. She started to complain to me so I steamed in and called the letting agents and went mad saying we had to cook the Christmas dinner etc. By the time they had called back 15 minutes later, I realised it was just because the power wasn't switched on....

Of course I did what all decent men would do - I blamed the wife for not checking

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The BBC tend to tinker fairly frequently and I'm fed up of saying NO to requests for feedback on their website.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
An awful lot of people use the BBC Sport App on their phones now. Using the click on tabs on the p.c. site now makes it mirror the mobile app where there would be too much info across or down. Mobile friendly UI design. Simple. Unless you're a GOON. Although I strongly suspect Goldstone still has a Nokia 3410

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thank you, NSC. I found the link! Because the lineups were not where they used to be I had a hissy fit and didn't think to search for them. On the other hand the BBC could have personally written to me to explain the change ... after all, what's the license fee for?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
An awful lot of people use the BBC Sport App on their phones now. Using the click on tabs on the p.c. site now makes it mirror the mobile app where there would be too much info across or down. Mobile friendly UI design. Simple. Unless you're a GOON. Although I strongly suspect Goldstone still has a Nokia 3410

Actually a Nokia 6303 .... but I am probably getting an iPhone shortly ... then it'll take me a couple of months (at least) to find out how to use it. They don't even give you an instruction manual I'm told!

It's like modern cars ... I've had my latest one for two and a half years and I still don't know how to make a hands-free call. Modern technology is just too damn complicated and the trouble is I've absolutely no interest in sitting down for hours figuring out how to use something.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thank you, NSC. I found the link! Because the lineups were not where they used to be I had a hissy fit and didn't think to search for them. On the other hand the BBC could have personally written to me to explain the change ... after all, what's the license fee for?

High quality radio stations broadcasting online and on FM plus good old Long Wave and the World Service. Independent news coverage that can't be bought. Quality documentaries. Dan Walker. John Simpson. A website that is truly state of the art and covers just about every subject you could want.

Football scores. With the lineups. Sports Apps. Apps generally. The weather. Today. Terry Wogan (RIP). Eggheads, University Challenge and Mastermind. Cooking contests. The One Show. Enders. Silent Witness. Reporting of pretty much every major event going (online and on the radio and telly). The shipping forecast. TMS

Of course not all of those are everyone's cup of tea but if you're not getting £12 a month (or about 40p a day) value out of it you;re not trying hard enough.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Was just gonna say, for everyone who moans about the BBC, their online football coverage is fantastic.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Instead of seeing everything on one page you now have to switch between tabs for line-ups/match stats/live text. I don't find that in any way better or convenient. On Tuesday the line-up tab kept disappearing on some premier league matches, I wanted to see substitutions and yellow cards etc. without scrolling through all the text, annoying.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Fine on a mobile device, but it looks awful on a large PC screen. Far too much scrolling needed, but that's the modern internet. BBC dumbing down again.

(Edit. No, I'm not entirely serious about the last bit. BBC are otherwise great.)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Instead of seeing everything on one page you now have to switch between tabs for line-ups/match stats/live text. I don't find that in any way better or convenient. On Tuesday the line-up tab kept disappearing on some premier league matches, I wanted to see substitutions and yellow cards etc. without scrolling through all the text, annoying.
I totally agree. I like looking at the crowd stats but as the BBC site automatically redirects to mobile now I can't without accessing the tabs. Not such a big problem once or twice but extremely annoying for a load of fixtures. And don't get me started on the mess they've made of the news app.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
High quality radio stations broadcasting online and on FM plus good old Long Wave and the World Service. Independent news coverage that can't be bought. Quality documentaries. Dan Walker. John Simpson. A website that is truly state of the art and covers just about every subject you could want.

Football scores. With the lineups. Sports Apps. Apps generally. The weather. Today. Terry Wogan (RIP). Eggheads, University Challenge and Mastermind. Cooking contests. The One Show. Enders. Silent Witness. Reporting of pretty much every major event going (online and on the radio and telly). The shipping forecast. TMS

Of course not all of those are everyone's cup of tea but if you're not getting £12 a month (or about 40p a day) value out of it you;re not trying hard enough.

Spot on. Less than 10% of what I pay Sky a month

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here